PDA

View Full Version : you must be sick of me by now.... but please help!

katie0183
30-06-2008, 08:07 PM
As some of you know im asking OFSTED for a temporary variation for the summer holidays for 4 under 5's. Anyway ive had a reply from OFSTED and apart from some other details they've asked me to tell them how i meet the physical and emotional needs of more than 3 children unc having sufficient toys and equipment, meet all the minded childrens needs and make best use of space.....

What does that mean?

the variation is for 9 month, 13month, 2 1/2 year old and a nearly 5 year old.

I have a double buggy
2 highchairs
2 travel cots and a spare bed
various baby toys, toddler toys and older childrens toys..
ermm... how would you word this....

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!

sarah707
30-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Can you use photos?

I would put together a little photo album of all the stuff you've got in place, plus a list of things you might need to / would be prepared to buy.

Say how you would pass the time with the children ... maybe by using some kind of activity list or routine sheet eg

9-10 - free play including a music and movement session, using musical instruments

10-1015 - snack time with children in high chairs / cuddled etc

1015- 1030 - adult initiated activities depending on children's interests. One child is enjoying putting things in and out of boxes just now, so I play beanbag games with her to support her schema. Through observation I would watch the other children's interests and build on those.

Etc...

Hope this helps :D

kindredspirits
30-06-2008, 08:59 PM
i'd also mention - because ofsted need things in black and white, that you don't need extra equipment for a nearly 5 year old as they could be at school age.

berkschick
30-06-2008, 09:08 PM
I basically listed all the equipment I had. Said their nap times would overlap allowing me time to feed the younger ones one at a time. How we could easily walk to local parks, the lake, etc. How I have safety equipment in place such as stair gates, socket covers, etc.