PDA

View Full Version : Childminding confrence

jackie 7
17-03-2013, 10:08 PM
I went to herts conference. It was wonderful. Penny tassoni gave 2 talks. She said development was now the most important part of ofsted inspection. So I decided to put it in my loo. I will read it there and who knows I might remember some of it. Was thinking of port it notes but way too much trouble on a Sunday night.

lisbet
17-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Sounds fab all round :thumbsup:

Our conference is going to be about characteristics of effective learning with Helen Moylett and Nancy Stewart - am I sad to be excited? :rolleyes::o Just hope my husband will be able to get the day off...

SDC34cr
17-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Sounds good wish I'd had gone

wendywu
18-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Snot fair , ours is going to be really boring about play and to top it all we have an interactive afternoon.

I find some of these type of workshops really condescending and learn nothing from them . Oh well at least it's at the Hilton and we get a lunch included :panic:

mrstom
18-03-2013, 06:53 AM
Sounds fab all round :thumbsup:

Our conference is going to be about characteristics of effective learning with Helen Moylett and Nancy Stewart - am I sad to be excited? :rolleyes::o Just hope my husband will be able to get the day off...

Oooooo!!!! I went to one last Saturday about the characteristics of effective learning and Helen Moylett was the key note speaker and she also ran an active learning workshop. She was brilliant and whilst not wanting to sound too gushy, really inspirational. I've pre-ordered her book that is out at the end of the month.

You're right to be excited, I was too and had a great day :D

hectors house
18-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Did anyone in Somerset go to the Childminding conference on Saturday - if so was there any useful information about how we will obtain any support in September when the last of the few Development Officers have been made redundant?

Went on an interesting course on Schemas last week - my mindees today will hopefully be playing with cardboard boxes, tubes and balls of string - so will be able to confirm my theory of which children have "connecting" Schemas!

Carls
18-03-2013, 09:37 AM
I went to Somerset one and it was really good! We were though just told that it will be mainly down to peer to peer support from now on and cluster groups and drop in sessions! They have assured us that there has still got to be a area senco to help us with supporting us with sen etc! Also woop woop we have a website to support us! And also recieved our new childminder toolkit which is ok! It was a good day sad you couldn't come!