PDA

View Full Version : work clothing

JumpingJacks
17-03-2013, 08:27 PM
After throwing away several outfits ruined through work, I've decided to invest in some tshirts and jumpers as a uniforn. For those that buy personalised clothes for work already, could you please recommend somewhere to get them from online. Preferably embroidered.

Thank you

Jac

hectors house
17-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Think I have seen adverts on Vistaprint but that may be for printed T shirts and fleeces - our local shoe menders, key cutters shop has advert for embroidery but haven't ever asked about how much it costs - so suppose you would buy own clothes and then take it in to be embroidered.

I don't wear my best clothes - just buy cheap jeans, sweatshirts, zip up fleeces.

JumpingJacks
17-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Think I have seen adverts on Vistaprint but that may be for printed T shirts and fleeces - our local shoe menders, key cutters shop has advert for embroidery but haven't ever asked about how much it costs - so suppose you would buy own clothes and then take it in to be embroidered.

I don't wear my best clothes - just buy cheap jeans, sweatshirts, zip up fleeces.

I've had some of the printed ones for my messy play business from vista print but they didn't wash too well and shrunk and faded quickly :(

hectors house
17-03-2013, 08:52 PM
I've had some of the printed ones for my messy play business from vista print but they didn't wash too well and shrunk and faded quickly :(

Oh dear, thanks for the tip, I was thinking of using them at some point - I will continue watching this thread for someone else to suggest a good company with long lasting products.

gingerjames1
17-03-2013, 09:02 PM
We use direct boot in enfield, north london, they are online and have never had any problems, we have had t-shirts n hoodies done. And people are always commenting on what a good idea they area and makes people ask for your business cards. We have also embroided our own waterproof jackets. Got good quality coats on regatta outlet. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

JumpingJacks
17-03-2013, 11:39 PM
We use direct boot in enfield, north london, they are online and have never had any problems, we have had t-shirts n hoodies done. And people are always commenting on what a good idea they area and makes people ask for your business cards. We have also embroided our own waterproof jackets. Got good quality coats on regatta outlet. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

Thank you I will have a look at them after work tomorrow :)

SDC34cr
17-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Oscarjames0 is who we used on eBay. She was helpful and done them really quick. We had our business name embroidered on front then printed on back with phone number. Think they were 12 each

Daisy De
18-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Oh dear, makes me feel scruffy, seem to wear old clothes all the time.

Maybe its because I seem to be always covered in snot ! :p

macherie
19-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Top Stitch is an online embroidery co. You can choose from t-shirts, polo shirts, sweat shirts and hoodies. Come in all colours you simply attach a pic of your logo and name. They charge a one off embroidery set up fee and then you just pay for the clothes themselves. Clothes are good quality and wash well. Mine are purple and after several years of washing they still haven't faded or gone fuzzy.

szolty
02-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Can you put it through the books as it is workwear ?

loocyloo
03-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Can you put it through the books as it is workwear ?

i've been told you can't put clothing through your accounts, however, you can put advertising through your books, and if you are wearing something with your business name on, then surely that is advertising? ;)

i put all my embroidered/printed clothes through my accounts.

szolty
03-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Thats what I thought. Bigger conpanies put their workwear through their books. Bizzare. Thanks for the reply. :0))

Tazmin68
03-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi
I use a local company called Clive Marks schoolwear. The did my fleece and jacket some 7 years ago and wanted to put through a new rder before tax year ends and am buying 4 polo shirts, fleece and a waterproof jacket. They do not require a minimum order amount which most do. And yes because it has a business name on it I can put them through my books.

Daftbat
03-04-2013, 05:19 PM
I have been wearing a uniform now for about three months. I ordered polo shirts from vistaprint with an embroidered logo and I have to say that my experience has been good. I wear all 3 each week with black trousers or jeans and it has made things much easier and they are comfortable to wear. Not noticed any shrinkage although I don't tumble dry them anyway. They don't seem to have faded either. one tip though - make sure you measure yourself and use their sizing guide as its American and although I am usually a size 16 I had to order XXL.

Tealady
03-04-2013, 05:36 PM
If it's embroidered or printed with your Logo or name in a way that you wouldn't wear it else where then I believe it can go through your books as it is purely for work purposes. If say you bought some cheap plain tees and some leggings/trousers then they can't as you could wear them for personal use also.

skatie
03-04-2013, 05:40 PM
I think work clothing is a brilliant idea, I am so fed up of wearing tops with paint or food stains on and all my jeans are faded on one knee!

Rubybubbles
09-04-2013, 12:57 PM
i've been told you can't put clothing through your accounts, however, you can put advertising through your books, and if you are wearing something with your business name on, then surely that is advertising? ;)

i put all my embroidered/printed clothes through my accounts.

Having recently done online webinair with HMRC if you have work wear with your own logo yes you can claim for the 'uniform'

hth x

szolty
10-04-2013, 06:21 AM
Having recently done online webinair with HMRC if you have work wear with your own logo yes you can claim for the 'uniform'

hth x

Thankyou that is fabby.... RIGHT, Where to go as there is a whole load that come up.

Cammie Doodle
10-04-2013, 07:42 AM
My Co-minder and I wear "scrubs" (we have them with cartoon/ disney characters on) they are brill, easy to wear and wash, just need to get some embroidered so that they can go through our accounts ;)

little chickee
10-04-2013, 09:19 AM
I have used Amaranth Embroidery for my logo'd clothing.
She used to be a member on here not sure if she still is.

Good quality clothing, lots of choice for colours and quick reliable service.
I'm just about to order some t-shirts.

Rubybubbles
15-04-2013, 12:22 PM
I have used Amaranth Embroidery for my logo'd clothing.
She used to be a member on here not sure if she still is.

Good quality clothing, lots of choice for colours and quick reliable service.
I'm just about to order some t-shirts.

This is who I use, but she is no longer doing new orders only if you have used her before x