PDA

View Full Version : Mindees 1st birthday tomorrow

Cookie Monster
17-03-2013, 07:10 PM
And I'm wondering how to celebrate it. The LO is with me all day tomorrow on his birthday and ill have a 2 and 3 yr old also. We were going to have another childminder round with her 3 but she's got something else on. So I'm now just wondering what I could do to make it a bit special. Obviously could have party type lunch & music, but with just us it ll be a bit quiet for a party party !! Never had a child on their actual birthday before feels a bit strange tbh! Any suggestions folks?

FussyElmo
17-03-2013, 07:24 PM
And I'm wondering how to celebrate it. The LO is with me all day tomorrow on his birthday and ill have a 2 and 3 yr old also. We were going to have another childminder round with her 3 but she's got something else on. So I'm now just wondering what I could do to make it a bit special. Obviously could have party type lunch & music, but with just us it ll be a bit quiet for a party party !! Never had a child on their actual birthday before feels a bit strange tbh! Any suggestions folks?

Cake, cake and more cake :thumbsup:

littlemiss60561
17-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Aw I'd hate to need to send my child elsewhere on their 1st birthday! I agree... Cake cake and more cake! What time does the child get picked up?you could spend some of the day making paper party hats and streamers and they could all make and decorate a cake? Then when the child is collected sing and do candles! Would the parents appreciate it?x

starlight1
17-03-2013, 07:46 PM
I was very strict with my sons diet up till one..he only had natural sugars....I bought him an ITNG cake for his first birthday....While he did love his first taste of cake..he went through the roof...

Never witnessed anything like it...

Assuming it is all day do some sedate activites on morning and maybe make afternoon partyish......Very long time to be partying

Cookie Monster
17-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Aw I'd hate to need to send my child elsewhere on their 1st birthday! I agree... Cake cake and more cake! What time does the child get picked up?you could spend some of the day making paper party hats and streamers and they could all make and decorate a cake? Then when the child is collected sing and do candles! Would the parents appreciate it?x

I know what you mean littlemiss i feel a bit sad for him, even though he won't have a clue! He can't eat dairy so mum is bringing some dairy-free cakes which we can all try! Party hats is a nice idea thanks!

Cookie Monster
17-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Oh he's collected last at 6pm so maybe me & my family could sing to him, parents would appreciate that.

Cookie Monster
17-03-2013, 08:03 PM
I was very strict with my sons diet up till one..he only had natural sugars....I bought him an ITNG cake for his first birthday....While he did love his first taste of cake..he went through the roof...

Never witnessed anything like it...

Assuming it is all day do some sedate activites on morning and maybe make afternoon partyish......Very long time to be partying

Ha ha I know and once they've tasted cake there's no going back! My daughter had her first taste at her first birthday party and hoovered it up super quick! I agree it is a long time to party he'll be with me 10 hours!!

MessybutHappy
17-03-2013, 08:36 PM
carry on the day as normal, but party food for tea, with party banners all the photos of the day will have the banners in the back ground, parents and you can sing at six, play with balloons during the day and send one home! The parents will remember, the child won't!

hectors house
17-03-2013, 08:45 PM
I just put up party banners and balloons, I tell other parents in advance in case they want to bring along a card, I either make a big cake or fairy cakes, sing happy birthday, maybe go out on a trip or an outing - read stories about birthdays and parties. Take lots of photos of child in highchair with balloons and banners in background with cake & candles on dining room table in the front of the photo but out of reach of fingers.

Cookie Monster
17-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Thanks that's given me some ideas xx

jackie 7
17-03-2013, 10:01 PM
At that age they don't know when their birthday is. I told a parent to pretend it was a different day. Yes have a party. I had a 6 month party for a boy I nannied. Yes a half cake but it was got the others not him. Have fun. ( I typed wrong and it came out as have gin!)

Cookie Monster
18-03-2013, 08:16 AM
At that age they don't know when their birthday is. I told a parent to pretend it was a different day. Yes have a party. I had a 6 month party for a boy I nannied. Yes a half cake but it was got the others not him. Have fun. ( I typed wrong and it came out as have gin!)

Ha ha I had too much of that on Saturday! This party will be a gin free zone!

MessybutHappy
18-03-2013, 01:08 PM

Half a cake? That's mean! You should have done half a candle and enjoyed all the cake!!!!!

jackie 7
18-03-2013, 01:22 PM
He was half a year! Not that he ate much. The cake was for his sister who argued that we had to work out the right day by counting the number of days. I do hate control freaks. He liked the icing!!

MessybutHappy
18-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Don't they always!!! And usually leave the sponge!!

Rubybubbles
18-03-2013, 03:09 PM
I've had a few children on their birthdays over the years, I normally try and go to soft play or out to farm ect, for a special treat.

TBH I wouldn;t give them cake or anything:blush: I make cakes with the children, but I feel it is the parents choice and special thing to do