PDA

View Full Version : Wow moments.

nikki thomson
16-03-2013, 05:27 PM
My youngest dd started reception class last September so still under the eyfs, on fri she came home with a letter and a blank sheet with boxes that we can fill in with wow moments from home, sign and date them send them back to school,
There was a indepth letter with them explaining and giving ideas what to put etc, I am very pleased as I've never had anything like this before from the school but some parents are having a right good whinge about it, I said to my friend welcome to my world, this is what I have to do and try and get parents involved, she was like really I had no idea I just thought you played all day..... Oh if only, lol. X

AgentTink
16-03-2013, 05:44 PM
I love it when my daughters pre school sends home her diary so I can write about hats she achieving at him and they share her wow moments from class. At her parents review the other day I asked for more information about her day and achievements etc. apparently I was the first to ask this, and most other parents had not even sent the diary back since I was first sent home last October!

I do find I have to chase my parents for about 2 weeks before they give me these sort of things back, but at least when I do get them back they put plenty of info about their children at home.

migimoo
16-03-2013, 06:08 PM
One of my mindees has had her LJ from nursery in her bag for a month now with a letter asking for parents to add to it.....I finally caved and put in a lovely pic of some snow play and how she'd recognised patterns and counted footprints up to 20 (her parents are the sort to moan about doing it)

blue bear
16-03-2013, 06:29 PM
The reception teacher at the school I drop at always tells me she is pleased when she has one of my children because their parents are already used to filling in forms and wow moments etc. :laughing:

MessybutHappy
16-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Our school has a wow post box which very cleverly means children ask mummy or daddy to post something for them!!! Paper and pencils always there, so no excuse!!!