PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if on right section but....

lorettacritchet
16-03-2013, 10:22 AM
I have been so very awful and have not kept up with observations, my lj's etc. I have to catch up from August last year!!! :blush: Everything gets so busy I am dead at the end of the day and can never find the energy to do it.

Anyways I have finally made it my time to do it and I am making some head way however I have also come across that one of my kids who is only here on Thursdays (full day on school term) and Fridays (temporarily basis for 3 hours) has rarely any observations, possibly three-four observations per month. By the time he has had breakfast, slept and then had lunch he has very little time to play (esp on fridays!) I don't feel any of these observations are enough to do a learning journey but I don't want Ofsted to frown upon this and I am worried it could affect any ofsted report marking.

dette
16-03-2013, 11:12 AM
i would get a copy of development matters and see where your obs fit with these ,
then look at each area and have a think ,can LO do this..when have i seen them do it (aprox)
next time he is with you spend a few mins watching him,you will be suprised at how many areas you cover by doing this.dont worry too much.i know you may not be able to show progresion but at least you can show where he is now .x

Tealady
16-03-2013, 11:47 AM
At my last inspection I had an EYFS child here 1.5 hours a day 4 days a week. They had tea in that time and were often picked up early. Mrs O was quite understanding of the fact you can't do very much with them. Who knows, by the time you get inspected, LO's routine may have changed so they sleep less and you have more time.

lorettacritchet
16-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Yeah I do this too (marking the development matters for his age) on top of my usual written observations and learning journeys. I was just concerned, I haven't got any learning journey's for him.

i would get a copy of development matters and see where your obs fit with these ,
then look at each area and have a think ,can LO do this..when have i seen them do it (aprox)
next time he is with you spend a few mins watching him,you will be suprised at how many areas you cover by doing this.dont worry too much.i know you may not be able to show progresion but at least you can show where he is now .x

chezzagriff
16-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Im confused by this learning journey thing? I do daily diaries and an obs every other week, plus post it note obs if when anything happens. In my main obs I do next steps. Is this the learning journey?

sarah707
16-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Im confused by this learning journey thing? I do daily diaries and an obs every other week, plus post it note obs if when anything happens. In my main obs I do next steps. Is this the learning journey?

A Learning Journey is a collection of information about a child starting with their 'all about me' and starting points documents and going on to include observations, assessments, individual planning / next steps, summary assessments if you do them, links to the EYFS etc.

The 3rd document down on the right hand side of free resources will give you more information :D

Free Downloads (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/freedownloads.html)