PDA

View Full Version : am I crazy?

meria
15-03-2013, 02:50 PM
I no i can have 3 children in early year bit are there any rules to say u cant have any between 1yrs and 2yrs.

my own daughter is 16 months. I already mind a 22 month old 3 days amd been asked to have a 15month. 4 days.... at first i thought nowaaaay haha but thinking about it i no i could do it but would i be stupid???? crazy?? lol

ajc
16-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Not crazy at all, I would seriously consider giving it a go. Is the older one a good walker,would you have far to walk etc. Give it a try, good luck.

mummyMia
16-03-2013, 11:54 AM
I've done 21 months, 19 months and 8 months before. It was hard work but perfectly manageable. The main problem I had was that I didn't invest in a triple buggy and I tried to make do with a double and a buggy board. I didn't drive at the time and had to walk everywhere so it was a bit of a nightmare. The oldest was still a little too young for the buggyboard and could not walk far. I would definitely do it again but next time I would invest in a proper triple buggy.

Loushah
16-03-2013, 01:07 PM
I don't personally think that age is an issue, I think it all depends on the individual child. You will soon know if you can cope with the three children. Just have a good think about the resources you need i.e.where they are going to sleep, eat etc. how you are going to get out I.e. triple pushchair, carrier, car seats, double and buggy board. It is manageable I have upto 8 under 5's with assistant & variation. This is three 4 year olds, two 2 year olds, two 1 year olds and one 7 months. We manage fine, I am a big believer of routine and sleep training. In my house the mornings are playgroups / physical activites and 12:30 - 2:30 is sleep / quiet time which we all need.

Good luck and I hope you find methods that suit you!

rosebud
16-03-2013, 01:14 PM
In July I will have a (just) 12 month old, a 9 month old and a foster child who could be any age between newborn and 18months. As long as there aren't any older ones I think this is manageable, although I may not leave my house much for a while!

Jenna
16-03-2013, 01:15 PM
What I first registered I can across the same thing but I managed fine I bought a buggy board that fits onto the back of our double buggy if we were out and just planned things a bit more than I would have done before. Know the 3 of them are the best of friends this time next year they'll all b getting ready to start school together and I think it's so lovely. Even if its a little hard to start it'll get easier and easier

Mice and Toad
16-03-2013, 03:52 PM
My children are 17months, 26months, 25months and my own at 38months.

I love it and would not change it for the world, never a dull day, 2 middle ones walk alot, I go out, I do everything but alot slower.

Mrs Scrubbit
16-03-2013, 04:32 PM
I've got 12mth, 13 mth and 29mth they are great fun! Just have to plan for things being done at a slower pace thats all really x

greanan
16-03-2013, 06:34 PM
I had a similar mix this time last year. Just be organised and leave extra time for everything. The kids will enjoy having others around the same age to play with.

Gemma Smithson
16-03-2013, 07:11 PM
I've had 3yr, 2 1/2 yrs, 18 months and six months and while first few weeks were hard while we got into routine after that it was great the two older ones played together and helped the 18mth old join in if I was busy feeding the six month old, they all get on well and while two youngest were in double pushchair, oldest two took turns on buggy board!

meria
17-03-2013, 11:12 PM
i live 4 doors away from school so thats no prob. n the eldest is a fab walker. Iv got a fab double buggy and iv brought a sit on buggy board but not sure how thats gunna go :-/.
my cars insured for business but dont think i can get 3 carseats across back :-/ i only have to get to babygroups thoughx

meria
17-03-2013, 11:20 PM
p.s i think mom wants other under 2 to start pretty soon. so tganks for tips and ill let u no how we get on :-)