PDA

View Full Version : volunteer count with numbers

Boo_Bear
15-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi I was wondering if I get a volunteer can that person be left on their own if they have a crb and first aid? I am willing to pay for all of that if it means I can take on more children. So basically increase my numbers and have help with school runs?
Does anyone know if I can do this?
Thanks

sarah707
15-03-2013, 09:30 AM
You say in your member details that you are a nanny.

I suggest you speak to other nannies and take advice as they are more likely to be able to help - BAPN - The Association of Professional Nannies - Raising the profile of the professional nanny (http://www.bapn.org.uk/).

If you are a childminder and your forum details are wrong -

You must have Ofsted permission to register an assistant. The assistant must have a DBS (CRB) check and First Aid to be alone with children. The first step is to complete an EY2 form which you can find on the Ofsted website.

Hth :D

Boo_Bear
15-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks. I am now a childminder. I will change my profile thanks.
So can I not leave a volunteer for an hr to do school runs? Do they have to be an assistant? Xx

sarah707
15-03-2013, 09:56 AM
So can I not leave a volunteer for an hr to do school runs? Do they have to be an assistant? Xx

Yes they must be registered with a DBS (formerly CRB) check, Ofsted permission (EY 2 form) and first aid.

Assistants must be supervised but can be left for up to 2 hours a day alone with children - you will need robust risk assessments and other documentation in place.

hth :D

Boo_Bear
15-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Oh ok thank you very much.
Just a quick one the new ratios with ofsted do they have a limit of under 3yrs or is it mainly up to us childminders. Sorry just ive been a nanny for years and didnt need to worry about ratios. Xx

chezzagriff
15-03-2013, 11:49 AM
It is 3 under 3s but only 1 of them cam be under 1. There is variations for things like if you already had 2 under 3s and then a parent with twins under 3 came to you then thats ok or if you have 3 under 3s one day but then an existing parent wanted to up her days bringing you to 4 under 3s on some days that continuity of care so again would be ok. Just cant take new under 3s on if you already have your 3. Hope that helps :D