View Full Version : Childminder in mindees own home?

14-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Hi just after some advice/ clarification to pass on to one of my parents.

My current mindees are leaving due to me having severe spd in pregnancy,

One of my parents has today been to visit a prospective childminder who wants to do it from my parents home.

I am of the understanding that this would need to be as a Nanny rather than a childminder and that it's not actually possible to do this as a childminder,

Can someone with more experience/ knowledge please give me some advice that I can pass on, Tia x

14-03-2013, 06:29 PM
A childminder is someone who minds children in their own home so no this wouldn't be childminding.

14-03-2013, 06:35 PM
You might find this factsheet useful

Ofsted | Guide to registration on the Early Years Register: childcare provider on domestic or non-domestic premises (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/guide-registration-early-years-register-childcare-provider-domestic-or-non-domestic-premises)

14-03-2013, 07:19 PM
i'm sure ive seen insurance for this so it must be possible,i suppose you could be a childminder working as a nanny for some of the time

14-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Thanks ladies, I don't think she is considering said cm now as felt it was a bit strange she was requesting to do it in their home - which I have to say I agree with :/