PDA

View Full Version : Climbing Frame Palava!

Tealady
14-03-2013, 03:40 PM
A mindee who is now nine has ourgrown his TP Explorer Climbing Frame. His Mum offered it to us free of charge if we could collect it. We said we'd come round and have a look as I was unsure if dismantleing it and putting it back up would be a good idea as it has been up for about 6 years. Mum said that we would probably have to move it whole as it would have seized up. She'd asked her neighbours if we could pass it over there fences to get it to the house a few doors down with wide side access.

So we went round. The Mum, my hubby and myself passed and carried the blooming thing over two fences (one garden being a dogs toilet...wall to wall poo!) and through a not very wide gap almost demoilishing a neighbours tree in the process. Got it to her front garden. My friends hubby has a four by four truck thing so the blokes tied it on and bought it back to ours.

Hubby thought we could take it through the neighbours but their access was not wide enough, then the idea was to drag it over our garage! The garage was too high so hubby had a stroppy and said it would be going to the tip.

Not being defeated, I thought I'd try and take it down myself.... It came apart with no problem at all, I then carted it through the garage and re-assembled it all by myself (with no help from the hubster). Feeling very proud of myself and will be treating my self to a large glass of wine tonight.

Who needs a man!!!!

mummyMia
14-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Lol, I shouldn't laugh but you have had me in stitches. :laughing:
We have a TP swing slide combo thing and it has come apart twice now for house moves with no problem. Can't say I had help from dh either, but that's men for you!!

chezzagriff
14-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Well done. Its the same in my house. One try off my husband and he gives up then I try and get the job done no problem. I constantly say to him "what would you do without me ey, I dont need you, you need me" hahahaha :D

RuthJ
14-03-2013, 04:28 PM
:laughing::laughing:

Well done you! :clapping:

Stapleton83
14-03-2013, 04:44 PM
That made me smile, who needs men :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Enjoy your wine x

shortstuff
14-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Well done you, i bet it will take a while to wipe the smile off your face :-)

Toothfairy
14-03-2013, 06:06 PM
You go girl! :clapping:

dette
14-03-2013, 06:17 PM
i'd be outside on it now ..wine in hand singing "i did it my way" and grinning

vals
14-03-2013, 06:18 PM
excellent, gave us a chuckle.

MessybutHappy
14-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Brilliant! Well done you...oh, and don't let him forget it!!

hectors house
14-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Just shows that brute force and strength isn't always the answer - women are more practical and put more thought into problem solving.:D

lubeam
14-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Whoooop!!! Go tea lady :) ace :)

Girl power :)

nikkiv
15-03-2013, 09:42 AM
A mindee who is now nine has ourgrown his TP Explorer Climbing Frame. His Mum offered it to us free of charge if we could collect it. We said we'd come round and have a look as I was unsure if dismantleing it and putting it back up would be a good idea as it has been up for about 6 years. Mum said that we would probably have to move it whole as it would have seized up. She'd asked her neighbours if we could pass it over there fences to get it to the house a few doors down with wide side access.

So we went round. The Mum, my hubby and myself passed and carried the blooming thing over two fences (one garden being a dogs toilet...wall to wall poo!) and through a not very wide gap almost demoilishing a neighbours tree in the process. Got it to her front garden. My friends hubby has a four by four truck thing so the blokes tied it on and bought it back to ours.

Hubby thought we could take it through the neighbours but their access was not wide enough, then the idea was to drag it over our garage! The garage was too high so hubby had a stroppy and said it would be going to the tip.

Not being defeated, I thought I'd try and take it down myself.... It came apart with no problem at all, I then carted it through the garage and re-assembled it all by myself (with no help from the hubster). Feeling very proud of myself and will be treating my self to a large glass of wine tonight.

Who needs a man!!!!

Well done you I love it when a plan comes together ;) it does help when the other half has made you cross I feel the anger helps ;)

migimoo
15-03-2013, 11:07 AM
We joke that I'M the man in our house....I do all of the decorating,fixing things,assembling flat packs,etc

bunyip
15-03-2013, 01:54 PM

Who needs a man!!!!

I agree entirely. Good for you, girl!

....which is why Mrs Bunyip will be getting a Black&Decker this Easter so she can finish off the kitchen units whilst I sit on the sofa and tuck into the choccy eggs. :rolleyes:

Tealady
15-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Mrs Bunyip sounds like a girl after my own heart. I do love a power tool!