PDA

View Full Version : New Certificate

skatie
14-03-2013, 02:06 PM
I've received my new certificate today and I may be being a bit daft but I don't want to do anything wrong. When they've stated that they have removed our conditions of registration does that mean we can decide (within reason) how many mindees we can have and what ages? My old cert said I couldn't look after any children under 1 yr old as my ds was under one. He is now over one but do I have to let Ofsted know or won't they be interested as the new cert gives us that flexibility to manage ourselves? Also, my old cert said no overnight care but could I now do this with relevant risk assessments etc?

cathtee
14-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Now that your own lo is over one you can now have an under 1, but will still be included in your numbers.

If you look in your statutory framework page 21 3.39 it says At any one time childminders may care for a maximum of 6 children under the age of 8, of these
6 a maximum of 3 may be young children ( a child is a young child up until 1st sept after their 5th birthday.) And there should be only one child under the age
of 1.

And yes you can do over night care as long as you do all the relevant risk assessments.