PDA

View Full Version : NVQ....... finsihed advice - Degree

Pipsqueak
30-06-2008, 01:22 PM
I have finished my NVQ 3 CCLD and its going to the IV/assessor tomorrow

oh yeah
oh yeah
oh yeah

My DO has now talked me into doing EY Foundation degree - the funding is there and she thinks that I might be able to get transfer the funding if I find an equivilent - OU format.....

Any advice on the Degree please

Tatia
30-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Not sure what advice you are looking for really but I love the OU format. I have some issues with the word counts of the assignments (feel they severely limit you) but like being able to study from home, at my own pace so long as I meet the essay deadlines. It feels doable this way whereas if I was committed to attending college or Uni, I'd feel more stressed, iyswim.

I find the work challenging but not overly hard and the coursework is really interesting. Only thing I'd say is, think twice before taking on E123 and E124 at the same time, which is what I have done! I really wish I had just done 123 to start with but oh well, halfway there now so no way to go back! It is possible to do them both but it gets really tense at mine when I have two assignments due w/in weeks of each other!

I'm happy for you and I say go for it, especially as you have funding.:thumbsup:

Oh and by the way, :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: for finishing the NVQ!!!!!

sarah707
30-06-2008, 03:09 PM
http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C01E123

http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C01E124

Good advice from Tatia about not overlapping! They are hard work.

Congratulations on finishing nvq :clapping:

miffy
01-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Just wanted to say well done on finishing your nvq Pip

Degree???? :panic: :panic: :panic:

miffy xx

Rubybubbles
01-07-2008, 07:06 PM
well done pip:clapping: :clapping:

avril
01-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Well done :clapping: :clapping:

Great feeling when it's all finished isn't it but to start all over again so soon :eek: :eek:

Good luck :thumbsup:

nell57
01-07-2008, 07:28 PM
:clapping: :clapping: Well done:jump for joy:

Keep up the good work with the degree, will you have to start it straight away?

Helen

Pipsqueak
01-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks everyone:blush:

It will be September for the Degree. Its when the funding is available and if I want to do it I don't want to loose the chance (am still pleading poverty!!):D

angeldelight
01-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Well done Pip

Angel xx

mertonparker
05-07-2008, 09:25 PM
well done pipsqueak:clapping:

Knew you would do it. have yourself a nice earned rest now before your off again in sept.:thumbsup:

mertonparker