PDA

View Full Version : Ratios - including my children

jmac8679
13-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Hi
I've had someone approach me about looking after their baby from Jan next year.
On one of the days he would be my 1 under 1years, I would have 2 more under 3s also, however I also have my own child who will be at nursery all day, and my eldest in year 1.
So in theory I would have 4 preschool children but only 3 in the house at one time. The new child would be term time only so really they would only be in the house together for 30 mins in the morning as my partner picks him up and cares for him then. If my little boy was ill my partner would stay off work to care for him.
Is this allowed? Ahh I know it is well within my own limitations but would OSFTED agree?
Please help.
xx

blue bear
13-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Even if your child is out of the home at nursery they are still counted as being in your care for ofsted numbers, so no you would not be able to take on a new child that would take you to four under five even though your child is at nursery. That said if liz truss gets her way with her proposed more great childcare it is possible the normal numbers for childminders will be four under five and if this goes through you would be able to take on the new little on in January,

margimum
13-03-2013, 09:35 PM
That's some way off so I wouldn't be worrying just now!
I certainly would not be agreeing to keep a place for so far into the future!