PDA

View Full Version : magnetic polydrons

JumpingJacks
13-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Hi all, i'm looking at investing in some magnetic polydrons, as my minded children have taken a huge interest in the local nurseries supply of them! Habe looked online and found a classroom pack for around the £90 mark, has anyone found these anywhere else cheaper? Was hoping for a bargain! :D

Could buy the starter set and add to it later but would prefer to just get a large pack

Thanks in advance

Nicola Carlyle
13-03-2013, 05:22 PM
What are magnetic polydrons? Never heard if them. X

JumpingJacks
13-03-2013, 05:47 PM
What are magnetic polydrons? Never heard if them. X

Magnetic construction shapes :)

helena_j
13-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Mine liked them too I looked everywhere and couldn't find a bargain amazon, eBay etc.
Held I buying them on account of the fact I keep buying things they like then I get them and they have zeros interest after a couple of goes lol.
They seem to hold their value. Have you got a local toy library that may have them?

Nicola Carlyle
13-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Ahhhhh I see. Yes my daughter has these at her school to. Just didn't realise that this is what they were called. What about some magnetics as a cheaper alternative? Not quite the same but may turn out to be more useful in the long run. X

JumpingJacks
13-03-2013, 07:14 PM
We don't have a local toy library which is a shame, have other magnetic toys but they play for hours with these.

I think I may just get a starter set and add to it each month until ive got a decent amout if I can't find a bargain! They do hold their value well and I know I'll get my money worth out of them :)

gingerjames1
13-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Have a look at magnetico, my mindees love them and have come across them on ebay, its exactly the same as lego but with magnets!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

JumpingJacks
13-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Have a look at magnetico, my mindees love them and have come across them on ebay, its exactly the same as lego but with magnets!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

Thanks they look great too