PDA

View Full Version : Best single buggy

MrsP2C
13-03-2013, 02:43 PM
I've got an old maclaren on its last legs & a huge 3 wheeler jogging buggy & I'd like to ditch them both for something decent. It needs to be pretty robust so it's ok over rough terrain (woodland walks/farms etc) but compact enough for taking on the bus, shops etc. preferably folds with one hand & not too bulky. It will be used for all ages so needs to recline if not flat then enough for babies to sleep, sturdy enough to take a buggy board & not in the bugaboo price range!!! Am I in dream-land?

Any suggestions?

greanan
13-03-2013, 05:35 PM
I love my big mamas and pram. It's the sort with the bouncy chassis and either carry cot or seat unit. Seat unit lies flat for older children napping, it's so cosy in the winter time aswell. I use it on the bus all the time, huge shopping basket and so easy with a buggy board on x

SammySplodger
13-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Mountain Buggy - brilliant over rough terrain. You can pick them up on eBay or NCT sales for £100-£150. They hold their value, are really sturdy and 'indestructable'.

MrsP2C
13-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Mountain Buggy - brilliant over rough terrain. You can pick them up on eBay or NCT sales for £100-£150. They hold their value, are really sturdy and 'indestructable'.

I've heard good things about these but worried it won't fit in my boot with one of the seats up as it looks quite bulky - is it huge folded or not too bad?

Daisy1956
13-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Maclaren for me every time, I have used others but keep coming back to the old faithful Maclaren.

SammySplodger
13-03-2013, 10:24 PM
MBs are not too bad - the wheels come off easily to make them even flatter. The newer models are more compact I think. But we never had a problem fitting our older model in a car boot. What car have you got?

MrsP2C
13-03-2013, 10:53 PM
MBs are not too bad - the wheels come off easily to make them even flatter. The newer models are more compact I think. But we never had a problem fitting our older model in a car boot. What car have you got?

I've got a Touran so big boot but do sometimes need 1 of the rear seats are up. I'm wondering whether the nipper out n about single is worth a look?

MessybutHappy
13-03-2013, 11:08 PM
I like the Jane ones, the handle brake is useful. They fold up neatly too.

SammySplodger
13-03-2013, 11:15 PM
You should be ok with a MB in a Touran - my sister has one and we got it in hers ok. I have also had a Nipper and liked it, but not quite as much as the MB. That said, Nippers cheaper on eBay!

SammySplodger
13-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Messy: I have just won a Jane Powertwin on eBay, specifically for the hand brake! I live in a very hilly town, so v useful!