PDA

View Full Version : courses done so what next

Kevin1964
13-03-2013, 10:33 AM
I've done all my courses I got childminding registration training done first aid done safeguarding children done and ofsted First form sent So what next do I get the insurace or do I wait Do I need it before ofsted do there vist

Thanks for any replys

:clapping::clapping:

kel1983
13-03-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm pretty sure you don't need to worry about insurance until you know when you are likely to start. Its just a case of sitting patiently waiting for Ofsted to arrange a pre reg visit and crb checks to be done. Can't hurt to start advertising though. Do some research in your area on prices etc and get your name out there.

Well done for getting this far. I found it very daunting doing the courses etc but once pre-reg visit was done I was much happier. Good luck and hope you dont have to sit around waiting too long. :thumbsup:

ChocolateChip
13-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Have you got all your paperwork ready- policies, accounts system, learning journeys if using them, etc?
If so, apart from agreeing with kel about advertising I would sit back, relax and enjoy the calm before the storm, sounds like you deserve to! :)

bunyip
13-03-2013, 12:18 PM
My insurance started same time as my NCMA membership. This was funded initially by the LA, so I had no control over the start date.

IIWY, I'd phone your preferred insurance provider and ask them how long it takes to set up/activate. Certainly with other types of insurance, cover can begin the moment the payment is processed. I don't see any good reason why PLI shouldn't work the same, but check with the insurer to be on the safe side.

As far as regulations are concerned, you must have PLI when the first child attends for the first time, but not necessarily before then. :thumbsup: