PDA

View Full Version : Whats next after nvq level 3?

oxfordshirecm
13-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Hi just a quick question... I have just completed my level 3 :) and my end goal is to be a primary school teacher. Please can any advise me what the next qualification I need to do is?

Thank you

Buttonsjan
13-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Hi, we'll done. Have a look at foundation degrees, I did mine then topped it up to a full degree with QTS.

jellyelly
13-03-2013, 01:20 PM
That's what my eventual goal is and I am currently looking to do my foundation degree then top it up. Can I ask when you topped up your foundation degree with QTS did you go to uni full time?

oxfordshirecm
13-03-2013, 01:24 PM
I am going to an open day in April to look at a foundation course so glad that's the right next step... Was confused with all the different courses available. So thank you for this :)

Do you know if you can get a teachers job just with having the foundation degree and top it up whilst working? Or do you have to have the QTS as well?

emma04
13-03-2013, 07:51 PM
I am going to an open day in April to look at a foundation course so glad that's the right next step... Was confused with all the different courses available. So thank you for this :)

Do you know if you can get a teachers job just with having the foundation degree and top it up whilst working? Or do you have to have the QTS as well?

Im in my final year of a foundation degree and will be topping up, starting this September. I then hope to apply for a PGCE. This depends on whether I get my GCSE grade C's in Maths, English and Science! I'm studying for those too!!:panic:

As far as I'm aware you have to have a PGCE or QTS before you can teach, although there are some uni's that offer teaching placements whilst obtaining your QTS

oxfordshirecm
13-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Wow emma04 I dunno how you have managed to find time to do a degree work and do your gcse's