PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg tomorrow

Little miss
12-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Wish me luck. Think I've got it all covered.....

Off to mop my floors now!

cindyn207
12-03-2013, 07:23 PM
good luck hun x

Kerry84
12-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Aww good luck, looking forward to hearing about it and any tips you would like to share is much appreciated ;) good luck:thumbsup:

shortstuff
12-03-2013, 11:52 PM
You dont need luck. It will be fine. Just remember they are there to help you not pick holes. If you dont know something say so. But also say you would always find an answer and name where you would look. When i had my pre reg i used it as a learning experience and got a lot out of it. I asked advice by saying ive been unsure how to deal with x would you a or b? I was given the official answer and mrs o left knowing i valued her input and that im keen to continue learning.

Little miss
13-03-2013, 04:06 PM
UPDATE

Well they came and registered me ! Very very happy. Now to find some mindees!

shortstuff
13-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Congrats. Now as you say, to get some littleys started. Well done

benandjerrys
13-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Aww well done...how long ha th whole process taken?

Little miss
13-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Thanks Gail

thills
13-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Congrats :) hope you find some mindees quickly x

Little miss
13-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Emmalita - I started my county required training at end of Sept 2012, course finished beginning dec, submitted cypop5 Boxing Day, got all forms for application sorted throughout jan and beginning feb, DBS took a few weeks to come through then a weeks notice on the pre reg visit.
To be honest I could have done it quicker if I'd got the application forms in while I was still doing the county training course.

Little miss
13-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Thanks thills - think I will be signing up for at least a months membership to childcare.co.uk tomorrow

Buckoblue
13-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Ah well done. Looks like we will be starting at the same time. xx

thills
13-03-2013, 09:32 PM
I would recommend it :)

leah.kyranidis
15-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Please can you give me some advice on what happens on the visit and what paperwork to have ready! I got my crb back today so shouldn't be long before ofsted are out now.
Thanks x

Little miss
15-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Leah

Start by checking her ID, ask her to remove her shoes and to sign your visitors book!
I had various folders spread out for O lady to see - all policies, a mock learning journey, complaints and comments, planning and assessment, risk assessment, parent information pack - all of these folders had my proformas that I've out together.
She began by 'chatting' but asking a few official questions - how do you manage the parking? was one.
The whole two hours was basically answering the pre reg ofsted questions - although not in the same order as in the booklet - safeguarding first.
The only thing that was of any different to the questions in the booklet was she wanted example play activities for each of the 7 areas and their sub categories eg Expressive arts and design - use of media and imagination.
I think what made it easier/quicker was that I had physical evidence of how I intend to plan, assess, record observations, work in partnership with parents etc... She was very good as when she asked me a question she would say "you've answered that, I've seen evidence of that".
My biggest advice would be to show how you intend to do things as well as talk about them.
Hope this helps and good luck with yours, like every one says, it really is not that bad x

Little miss
15-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Buckoblue - are you all registered? Gave you got any mindees yet? I'm working on that one now!

leah.kyranidis
15-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Thank you so much little miss, that has really helped! I'm almost done with all my paperwork now and was thinking of doing some example observations on my own children! Will have to go over the questions again and activities as I crumble when in situations like that an will forget everything! X

Little miss
16-03-2013, 07:55 AM
I didn't fill in any of the examples - I just showed her the forms I intend to record info on. Just have a few activities for each written down and you will be fine. Let us know how you get on.