PDA

View Full Version : Please help feel at end of tether today!

smurfette
12-03-2013, 04:05 PM
I am so so fed up of the current rounds of sickness in my mindees.I have four, all under 4, and they have had a constant round of coughs,colds, teething and tummy bugs these last three weeks, I have sent them home cos they are vomiting, or are too out of sorts to be here, and I am fed up of being puked and pooed on!! Today I have cleaned my toilet, because it was such a messy poo (sorry tmi) and three nappies all up their backs. These little ones are really past being contagious, just at the 2 weeks of clearing the virus out of their systems, according to doctor. So hopefully won't catch it. However, one little one is just doing my head in, not his fault I guess but he has had awful nappies for about a month now, mum has only just gone back to work and he has caught everything as they do, but according to doctor it is upper respiratory because of teeth, and she has a script but was told not to give it unless his snot is green. He is so so so cranky today, everytime one of them moves he is off crying, and is whingeing non stop, his cheeks are roaring red, but I have given him calpol at 10am and nurofen at 12,. and it just never seems to kick it for him,He is picked up everytime he murmurs at home,, and is used to a quiet house, I don;t know if his sensitivity to noise is just cos he is teething or will he get used to it?! He is like it most days. He really would be better at home, but I excluded him friday as he vomited thursday here, and he was better yesterday but today is a nightmare again. Have popped him into playpen in the playroom for a minute as I can't listen to much more (course I can hear him so he is safe). Mum can't keep taking time off, she was very upset a couple of weeks ago when he vomited and I sent him home, really think it is teeth rather than a bug but can't send them home everytime they suffer from teeth can we?!!! Just looking for a hug!!

caz3007
12-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Sending you a big hug and hopefully things will improve soon and they will all be fighting fit xx

kellyskidz!
12-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Awful when illness strikes :( Hugs sent xoxoxox

Goatgirl
12-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Sooo wearing during those times, you have my sympathy :(. xxxx
Have a huuuuuge hug :group hug: :D and a peaceful cuppa the minute they've gone home ;). Tomorrow's another day :thumbsup:

Shivvie
12-03-2013, 05:10 PM
I actually think 'teething' gets blamed for way too many things and parents use it as an excuse so that they can send their child! He does sound very unwell, bless him. If they hadn't told you it was his teeth, you would send home because he is so poorly, so whether it is his teeth or not, if he is feeling so bad then I would send home. Unfortunately, its so difficult in our position and there are many times I haven't practised what I'm preaching :blush:. This job is so hard, it really is :(

Big hugs to you x

WibbleWobble
12-03-2013, 05:11 PM
i had a week like that the week before last....i was at the end of my tether and swinging from it! (ask Beachgirl)

2 yr old who is challenging at the best of times was the pickle incarnate! snot dripping from him.....throwing himself on the floor at every look...screaming.....spitting.....hitting....

10 monther had his top teeth coming through and would not let me put him down.....not even so i could have a pee. I ended up sending him home on day two as i could not help him....his mum felt so sorry for me she had him picked up at lunch on the friday so i had one less to worry about.

3 yr old was a sweetie as always

i really felt like closing the door and never opening it again....but they got better and hey ho we are on a good run at the moment (touch wood)

wibble the sympathetic x

blue bear
12-03-2013, 05:31 PM
:group hug: though after six weeks of tooth ache teething babies have my every sympathy from now on.

shortstuff
12-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Definate big hugs. Hope the cycle stops very soon for you.

smurfette
12-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Aw thanks guys you are very good! Had a long chat with mum when she collected as he had eventually gone to sleep. Told her I advised the antibiotic in case the dr had missed something that wasnt easily diagnosed or he had developed something since the visit to gp. She thought maybe he has a headache or sore throat from cough but he didnt really cough today and surely with all the meds I gave him it wouldn't really hurt? Wondered if he might have a kidney infection or something don't think dr checked urine but convinced he isn't right .. Only other thing is could he be starving as he has only taken bottles last few days .. But then surely he would take offered food?!

Don't know .. Luckily don't have him tomorrow. Not really sure if he is gonna last the pace here if he isn't just unwell and picks up soon.. Can't devote that much time to one child and esp one who can't cope with the others being noisy!

Just had a bath and a big piece of chocolate cake and off out now to the gospel choir which always puts me in good form, then a glass of wine and a good nights sleep!!

smurfette
12-03-2013, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE="WibbleWobble;1223685"

i really felt like closing the door and never opening it again....but they got better and hey ho we are on a good run at the moment (touch wood)

wibble the sympathetic x[/QUOTE]

Yep that was me today hated my job and wanted to shut the door on the lot of them for ever!!

RuthJ
12-03-2013, 08:22 PM
I've had similar yesterday and today - 4 under 4, 19 month old FULL of cold, streaming nose, watery eyes and crying pretty much all day. 9 month old started and has separation anxiety and thinks toddler groups are a form of torture! 2 three year olds who get too much pleasure out of pushing each other's buttons, and mine!! Got Friday off for my birthday and can't wait!!

Hope your LO picks up soon. hugs :group hug::group hug:x

Maza
12-03-2013, 08:42 PM
My DD vomited on Thursday as well and she is still not back to normal (hasn't vomited since Friday morning) so I can understand him still not being well. She has only just started eating properly today and still not the portion sizes she is used to. He must be feeling weak and agitated from lack of food poor thing. I know DD is because she is older and can communicate her feelings. I'm only sending her back to nursery tomorrow(she could probably do with another day at home though). Your poor little guy would be better off at home, but what can you do? Sorry for taking over your post and am no help at all! Sending you a hug. I'm sick of the sickness too. :( x