PDA

View Full Version : Policies acknowledement not signed and returned advice

izzy23
12-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Hey guys, another day, another humdrum query :blush:. How long would you leave it after giving parent a bunch of updated and new policies to look over and sign and return an acknowledged form/tick list for them before chasing it and also, how would you go about wording the chasing of it if you need to be firm as its been ages but obviously its not like its a fees issue or whatever!!

Ta ta :cool:

vals
12-03-2013, 03:27 PM
I have learnt recently (after 18years lol), the only way to guarantee getting things signed, not having to print them off 3 times, not having to chase, is to hand them a pen and say -sign here please. I tell them that I can get into trouble if I don't have things signed properly etc.

izzy23
12-03-2013, 03:40 PM
yeah, you see, parent already knows its important to have all my paperwork signed and up to date, but that obviously doesn't benefit them (as far as they probably see it) its that angle of how it affects them that I need to try and exploit.

izzy23
12-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Also one of the reasons I am feeling a bit "sensitive" in regards to this parent is this morning at drop off they questioned me in a bit of shirty manner on the March invoice (which they've had for nearly two weeks) about not needing care on Good Friday as they don't work BH's. I stated that as with every other Bank hol or similar day its marked on invoice clearly as a BANK HOL and starred which indicates normal fee is due if I do not work. This parent has been with me for 3 years and this has been a contractual term for that time right from the start, if I dont work its normal fees, if they ask me to work then its time and a half aside from Xmas and New Years which I've never charged for. So ya know Good Friday has occurred on two years before this and the parent never had an issue with it before. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. :mad:

george
13-03-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi, I would send them a text message night before they due to come saying 'hi just a reminder can you please bring me the signed policy acknowledgement form in morning, if you've lost it and need another one please let me know and I'll have it ready for you to sign' Also as you know I'm approachable so if you need to discuss anything before signing and returning it would you like to come in when you collect .....? Can you please text/ring me to confirm you have received this and if you are bringing/need another form or need to discuss anything? Thankyou' if you don't hear by a couple hours I'd just ring and if no reply say on drop off did you get my text and go from there, you need the form and if they not willing to sign you need to know so you can discuss things and possibly compromise n review things, good luck, been there x

izzy23
13-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Yup George, that's exactly like what I was thinking, good, I hate second guessing myself :)

emma04
13-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Hey guys, another day, another humdrum query :blush:. How long would you leave it after giving parent a bunch of updated and new policies to look over and sign and return an acknowledged form/tick list for them before chasing it and also, how would you go about wording the chasing of it if you need to be firm as its been ages but obviously its not like its a fees issue or whatever!!

Ta ta :cool:

I text to remind and if that doesn't work I send a letter reminding them and explaining that if I do not have the paperwork signed and in my possession I have to assume that they disagree with my policies and may have to withdraw care. Only had one parent say it was a bit harsh, but i replied with 'Well, if you send it back on time, as you normally do, that part of the letter wont apply to you , will it?'

I got tough, but not sure how or when it happened!:panic:

george
14-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Hi izzy, how did you get on? Hope things are ok? xx