PDA

View Full Version : child being sick

sskent08
12-03-2013, 02:36 PM
The other day mum drop child off as usual, I thought he smelt of sick but he seemed ok in himself, we went to toddler group, he was a little quite but ok.

Left group to collect my son from pre-school, he was sick twice in the car, I called mum to collect child as she had been ill for a week with a tummy bug, anyway she was stuck at work and sent grandma to collect child.

I told mum I would not have child for 48 hours as per guildlines policy etc. She wasn't happy. Then the next day gave me notice!!!!!!!!

anyway if they feel like that so be it, but I feel really bad as I look after another little boy that day and he spent all weekend being sick and it was his first birthday :(

I feel so bad, makes you so cross people do not think about other people with regards to sickness

sorry just venting!

kyrenia
12-03-2013, 02:40 PM
It's amazing isn't it? I sometimes think that they think their jobs are so much more important :( I had this happen to me once ( not the notice bit ) I just said that if we didn't wait 48 hours, then I would prob be off ill, then my own child, which could result in being closed touching a week, so better to be safe than sorry. x

Koala
12-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Vent away, you have every right, don't feel bad, its not your fault.

I've been there and had the same done to me.

Just because you have morals and ethics - as I do - doesn't always follow that others do, You were right to exclude and you are better off without that family.

I know it leaves you with a heavy heart when people are so disrespectful and inconsiderate, but chin up and carry on :thumbsup:

izzy23
12-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Oh I'm really angry on your behalf, some people just do not treat us as professionals, I wonder if parent would have argued the toss with a school about that policy. Be proud you stuck to your guns, I know some who cave and at the end of the day this is HPA and governmental guidelines not just something some minders choose to make up to suit themselves. I know its sad and unfair you lost the business through no fault of your own but I always think what goes around comes around when it comes to people like this. :thumbsup:

nikkiv
12-03-2013, 04:10 PM
I had a mum that I have all three of her children say the eldest had an ear infection wouldn't be going to school so could he sit for the day at mine and I give him his calpol and antibiotics while she still went to college! When I said no as the house gets very noisy and we would be going out and about he needed to be at home she got very stroppy with me and said that's fine I'll stay off then! Well obviously that's fine with me being paid for 2 children all day and the third before and after school thankyou very much :)

sskent08
12-03-2013, 04:16 PM
thanks ladies, I have only had the child a couple of months but I was upset that another child had got sick and spoilt his first birthday.

they are amazing aren't they (parents) yet if it were the other way round they would not be impressed if me or my family got sick and i couldn't work.

probably a blessing in the long run.

Rubybubbles
12-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Oh yes the joys of parents! Xx

mushpea
12-03-2013, 08:08 PM
I once had a parent who couldnt understand why I wouldnt pick her child up from school who had diorhea, I explained my policys to her and she basicly told me what a load of rubbish it is because I could catch a bug from anyone in the street! she then went on at me because I only had her daughter that day so it wouldnt affect anyone anyway,, err how about me and my own children, oh no, that was fine and again I could catch it anywhere grrr, I stuck to my guns and recived notice.

RuthJ
12-03-2013, 08:34 PM
They've probably done you a favour by giving notice! Sound very inconsiderate and selfish - well done for sticking to your guns.

chezzagriff
12-03-2013, 09:01 PM
The amount of parents I came across with this attitude when I worked in a day nursery is unreal. Imagine if their child got ill due to another being allowed in though. Things would soon change. Yet to meet these parents as a childminder yet, but definately wont be giving in either :thumbsup: