12-03-2013, 10:36 AM
with your mindees

Ive organised a childminder meet at an indoor play centre
we are wearing our pyjamas and ive asked parents to send children in pjs too
making cakes all week to sell to each other

any more ideas i can steal :D

hectors house
12-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Probably nothing this year as have just gone down to just one mindee on a Friday and have planned to go out in the morning and swimming in the afternoon. We have been making and selling cakes for a couple of weeks to help a mindee's mum raise £1600 for her Barnardo's charity place in the London Marathon.

Hope you have a lovely day at soft play and you raise lots of money with your cakes.

lizduncan72
12-03-2013, 12:32 PM
We're not doing anything-just one mindee on Friday and it's his birthday so we'll have cake and a wee party when my kids get home from school :)

jackie 7
12-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Just got one lo so not doing anything but got a friend coming to watch with me.

Rick
12-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Think I will make some cup cakes with red icing!

jillplum
12-03-2013, 02:48 PM
I need some ideas too. I run a toddler group on a friday so need to come up with a craft for about 25 children from birth to 3. It is St Patricks Day on Sunday too so I am wondering if I can combine the two??

Christi
12-03-2013, 03:06 PM
We're exploring St. PAtricks day this week, but originally we were going to:
dress in red,
have sensory play with red cooked spaghetti and red balls,
eat/make red themed food,
make red nose masks.

chezzagriff
12-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Focusing on St Patricks as only got 1 mindee at the mo and got no one on Friday. Could do cakes with red icing and a cherry, wear red, sponsored walk, print some red nose day colouring sheets

MessybutHappy
12-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Think I will make some cup cakes with red icing!

I'm a disaster with cakes, think we'll stick to biscuits!!

Rick
12-03-2013, 09:41 PM
I'm a disaster with cakes, think we'll stick to biscuits!!

I can just about get the kids to measure out 3 eggs and the same weight in butter, sugar and flour! That's the extent of my cake knowledge though! :D

MessybutHappy
12-03-2013, 09:48 PM
I can just about get the kids to measure out 3 eggs and the same weight in butter, sugar and flour! That's the extent of my cake knowledge though! :D

Oh...I was just going to unwrap the biscuits....!!!!

phoenix2010
13-03-2013, 09:06 PM
I just buy the tesco value cake mix , add one egg and water

makes 12 cakes , perfect every time , well unless i forget about them :rolleyes:

coffee-time
13-03-2013, 09:21 PM
ive been baking lots of cakes the last couple of days to sale at the playgroup i go to on thursdays, the children are doing a sponsored dance tomorrow and ive sent them all home with sponsor forms aswell! hopefully they will be turning up wearing red tomorrow too, well thats the plan anyway!!

Daftbat
14-03-2013, 08:19 AM
I made a load of biscuits lat Sunday and we have been decorating them all week in batches and offering them to parents as they come through the door for a small donation to Comic Relief of whatever they feel they are worth. Been using an old margarine tub sealed with a slit in it to keep donations secret so not sure how much we have raised so far but the idea has been successful. You should see some of the decorated biscuits - they put my efforts to shame!