PDA

View Full Version : Snow !!!

caz3007
12-03-2013, 06:51 AM
Found out our school is closed. We havent had that much snow but nothing was gritted even though it was snowing all day yesterday.

Lots of poor people have been stuck in their cars overnight close to Brighton, you wonder why as they had the same problems on the same road a couple of months ago.

mrs robbie williams
12-03-2013, 07:05 AM
snowed on and off yesterday really windy and bitterly cold, saw a gritter around 7pm and it has snowed all through night but cars are going really slowly so i wont be driving, can walk ds9 to school atm his school is open and ds15 usually walks but can see hhis school shutting. Am going to text mindee mum and tell her to be really careful driving to drop mindee off - our road is usually fine i cant understand why the gritters didnt come sunday eve and earlier yesterday xx

Toothfairy
12-03-2013, 07:50 AM
It's really bad here in Kent.
All my mindee's have cancelled so a day off for me :clapping:
My DD's school is still open at the moment but they are asking parents to come with shovels and help dig the snow :rolleyes:

Stay safe everyone :thumbsup:

Littleglees
12-03-2013, 08:11 AM
I'm in wv5 the sun is out but yesterday we had bitter wind and lots of flurries of snow :-( today we have a dusting but its very cold, stay safe all.

Sare x

Sarah

caz3007
12-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Still waiting for mindie, she is being bought her by another parent who is just after school, so cuppa will be made for the mum and an ex family are coming over to play in our garden in a bit and to collect some dressing up stuff to wear for his book day. So busy day with people in and out, will just go with the flow

littlemiss60561
12-03-2013, 09:08 AM
All mine have cancelled too :0) just my own to entertain so not a complete day off...
I Still charge as im able to work but offer a swap day if I can.do you or anyone else do this? Or am I being too soft lol Ones swapped but there may not be a space for the other that cancelled to swap too. Hes new to my setting so they dont know that offer yet. Should I just keep quiet??! Feel guilty sitting on here being paid ... But only slightly.... Haha

jackie 7
12-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Snow? What snow! Here in St. Albans there is none. I am do glad. Sorry for all of you. Could do with a day off as I am just getting learning journals sorted. Won't say how much I have to do.

nikkiv
12-03-2013, 09:55 AM
We have snow all the schools are closed so no school run :) just two littlies and my son to entertain but will all wrap up and have a play in the snow :) maybe for my benefit ;)

loocyloo
12-03-2013, 09:55 AM
we had bits of snow and odd little blizzards all day yesterday ...

about an inch or 2 here today ... typically a huge snow fall on the way to school ... stopped by the time i got home! but little flurries on & off.

all schools open, all mindees here and main roads ok. i was going out today, but there is a 25degree steep & winding bit of road that i don't like on a good day, so no way am i attempting it in snow, even though i know it will have been gritted etc!

currently -1 here, with a 'real feel' of -6. yesterday the 'real feel' was -17 !!!! :eek:

adedwards68
12-03-2013, 10:31 AM
School closed, no snow just no electricity ! One very happy little boy