PDA

View Full Version : Just a rant!

MISSYL20
11-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Omg! A mother whose been interested in my service came to the house a few weeks ago so I could meet her daughter and then last week said she would be in touch for settling in period, to sign contracts and for me to go on the school run to know where to collect from. Last week I heard it was littles ones last week with current childminder and that's it no dates agreed or paper work signed have just been waiting for contact. When out of the blue today had a phone call from mother checking I was picking daughter up from school????? Ahhhhhh. This was 20 mins before she was due to finish bearing in mind didn't even know which part of the school to collect from and only met little one once. Any how I collected her and mum said she would sign contract and pay this week. I couldn't believe it! X

TAZ
11-03-2013, 07:25 PM
That's crazy!!!!!
Had sorting out the details (like letting you know) just 'slipped Mum's mind? :panic:
Was the mindee ok being collected by someone she barely knew?

Have you got the contract & money sorted out now?

sarah707
11-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Absolutely no way would I work without a contract signed - permissions in place - policies read and signed - money up front.

I think you need to tighten up your policies!! Don't get taken for a ride! :(

Hugs xx

supermumy
11-03-2013, 07:51 PM
No way would I have collected that child not only was you not covered no paperwork was signed no money paid and the poor child probably didn't know of she was coming or going being picked up by a stranger (so to speak)

I agree with Sarah tighter precautions need taken :)

WibbleWobble
11-03-2013, 08:05 PM
i agree with sarah and supermummy...

i wouldnt have picked the child up either and i would be wary of getting into a contract with someone who just thinks they can snap their fingers and get what they want....also who on earth would let a relative stranger pick their child up?

Beggars belief

be strong......did she pay and sign when she picked her child up?

wibble the amazed x

Allie
11-03-2013, 08:08 PM
No contract = no insurance = no childminding service (Oh and money in advance as well) Mum needs to get her act sorted. I always phone and remind parents that if they still need me contract etc have to be done or no service will be provided

Allie

MISSYL20
11-03-2013, 08:13 PM
No payment or contract as she didnt Collect child this evening. she already has a copy of my policies and procedures but hasnt returned them either. She is a friend from school I know but don't see her anymore which is the only reason I collected her I'm still in shock that somebody could do that. Luckily the child knew I was 'picking' her up and she's a very chatty confident little one so had no problem coming with me. Mum says she will sort everything with me when she collects her on wed. Some people ehhh

WibbleWobble
11-03-2013, 08:17 PM
No payment or contract as she didnt Collect child this evening. she already has a copy of my policies and procedures but hasnt returned them either. She is a friend from school I know but don't see her anymore which is the only reason I collected her I'm still in shock that somebody could do that. Luckily the child knew I was 'picking' her up and she's a very chatty confident little one so had no problem coming with me. Mum says she will sort everything with me when she collects her on wed. Some people ehhh

i dont want to worry you but without any information about the childs medical needs etc etc you are not insured. I am not sure about whether no contract invalidates your insurance (but i have a feeling it will esp if its NCMA)

i urge you not to do this.....ring mum and explain.

i am sure someone else will come on and say i am over reacting- i hope they do but alarm bells are going off in my head!

wibble the very concerned! x

supermumy
11-03-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm sorry but sorry to sound harse no way should u be looking after that child with no contracts etc signed you could get into very serious trouble and is against all laws and good practice!

So who picked up the child?? It's not on

MessybutHappy
11-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Playing devils advocate here, please don't shoot me, but at the moment, effectively, all the op has done is collect a friends child from school. All the other stuff surely doesn't come into play until the contract is signed and/or money changes hands? The Op's later post confirms it's an old school friend....

Just a thought, happy to be corrected!!!!!

supermumy
11-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Maybe I sounded to harse than sorry if I did :(

But I'm thinking from a business view not personal!

Hope I havnt offended! :)

LauraS
11-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Playing devils advocate here, please don't shoot me, but at the moment, effectively, all the op has done is collect a friends child from school. All the other stuff surely doesn't come into play until the contract is signed and/or money changes hands? The Op's later post confirms it's an old school friend....

Just a thought, happy to be corrected!!!!!

Possibly, although in the event of an accident and the mum sueing the OP, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for mum to show that the OP was acting in her capacity as a cm rather than as a friend - after all, OP no longer sees the mum as a friend any more, child has finished with old cm in order to start with the OP etc etc. I don't think the OP would have a leg to stand on.

There is no way on earth I'd pick child up under those circumstances, my registration is too precious to risk just to please a lazy parent :panic:

MessybutHappy
11-03-2013, 08:44 PM
If it had been a complete stranger, I'd agree, very dodgy ground, but the friend/aquaintence thing puts a slightly different spin on things?

MessybutHappy
11-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Laura, you posted as I was replying...I do see that, good point...

nikki thomson
11-03-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm sorry but sorry to sound harse no way should u be looking after that child with no contracts etc signed you could get into very serious trouble and is against all laws and good practice!

So who picked up the child?? It's not on

I don't think you have to have a written contract by law?!!! Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, again I could be living in a cave and don't know what I'm talking about, lol. X

Zoomie
11-03-2013, 09:10 PM
I don't think you have to have a written contract by law?!!! Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, again I could be living in a cave and don't know what I'm talking about, lol. X

There is no need to have a contract in place, however a contract is an excellent means in which to get the information you do legally need. Things like name, date of birth of child, their address, parent's details, medical, food information etc

littlemiss60561
12-03-2013, 12:32 AM
I made a parent visit my setting at 9pm to sign contracts/ record forms etc when she needed immediate emergency cover the next morning.she wasnt happy but tough. No documents and your not insured. If you work as a friend and don't charge, it's ok. But if your charging for today then it needs to be legit. Can she sign tomorrow before Wednesday? Hope she pays up. Sounds like a pain already!

littlemiss60561
12-03-2013, 12:34 AM
Oh and I'm curious as to why she left the previous minder??! Or was she given notice!