PDA

View Full Version : can i do this under continuity

dette
11-03-2013, 07:10 PM
i have a LO 2 1/2 that i've had since just after xmas.she comes for 4hrs a week and her mam is very flexible as its not for work..just for a break for herself.up until now i have given her the option of any day that i have only 2 under 5,but now i'm filling up and it doesnt look like i'll have any spaces.
when she started i did explain that i had alot of LO's about to start around easter time.
will it be ok the have 4 under 5 so she can continue to come to me.just for the 4 hours
my youngest 2 LO's are both under 8 but are both at full time school so i will be within the 6 under 8.
i've read and re read the rules and as its not new business i think its ok but its just the adhoc part thats throwing me

VeggieSausage
11-03-2013, 07:20 PM
I don't think it is ok if you are taking on new children which is then taking her place....

sarah707
11-03-2013, 07:36 PM
It's a really tricky one isn't it?

You are offering continuity of care for the child and flexibility for the parent - but you are taking on new business and you can't do that AND variate to accommodate the new children.

so, as it stands I don't think it would be right.

However, if the new business is settled and the child's mum needs to change her days then yes you can do it - because it's continuity of care.

I hope that makes sense- :D

MessybutHappy
11-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Would this apply to all the age groups...so if it's continuity (and everything else is done...r/a, equipment, parents happy) a cm could have two under ones?

Sorry if this has ben asked before!

dette
11-03-2013, 07:47 PM
i honestly cant get my head round this one,the ones that are starting soon aren't the new business,they were already signed up to start after easter,its the adhoc one that was filling the odd space in the meantime thats the new business ,but she has been with me now for 2 and a half months.i know her mam was expecting me to be full soon but i really want to be able to say i can fit her in but i wont do it if its not correct.

dette
11-03-2013, 07:51 PM
I don't think it is ok if you are taking on new children which is then taking her place....

as adhoc she never had a set day and the child who is starting was signed up before the adhoc ,its hard to say which is new business and which is continuity ,im all confused

muffins
11-03-2013, 09:51 PM
I dont think it matters that they were already signed up, I think they still count as new business because they haven't already started! It wont be for continuity of care because they havent started and arent already settled with you which is what its for!