PDA

View Full Version : Just phoned 999

welshgirl
11-03-2013, 04:17 PM
I was just sat in car outside my sons school, and saw 3 lads walking past, one with a large gun, (big long gun) I called 999, gave all the details, my details etc. I'm hoping it wasn't a 'real' gun, but the lady on the phone said I had done the right thing. I have never called 999 before and was wondering if there is anyway I would find out what happened, if they were stopped etc, would they inform me, or will I never know?

karensmart4
11-03-2013, 04:25 PM
I don't have the answer but I just wanted to say, how frightening!! I'm sure you will read about it in the local paper if it was real :panic:

phoenix2010
11-03-2013, 04:29 PM
even if its not real , its still an offence to carry an imitation in public , you just never know , better to be safe than sorry

supermumy
11-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Maybe it it long it a pellet one but gun none of the least hope it wasn't real

shortstuff
11-03-2013, 04:33 PM
how on earth did they get away with having it at school? you of course did the right thing. I think you will only hear if they need a statement.

hectors house
11-03-2013, 04:36 PM
I have phoned for quite trivial things but that could have led to serious accidents - cows, horses loose on the road, I would have certainly have rung if I had seen lads with a gun, not up to you or me to know if it real or not.

VeggieSausage
11-03-2013, 05:25 PM
well done you for phoning.....doesn't matter what sort of gun it turns out to be, you did the right thing.....bet you felt shaky xx

kellyskidz!
11-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Well done for ringing, better to be safe than sorry! :)

CH1957
11-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Maybe it it long it a pellet one but gun none of the least hope it wasn't real

My nephew was blinded in one eye with a pellet gun - all guns should be banned in my view unless registered to someone who has to use it in their work, certainly not for kids!!

MessybutHappy
11-03-2013, 06:29 PM
You may be contacted for further info, you may not! I called when w saw someone on the roof of a building late one night and they called back later to ask if we could describe the person any better...we couldn't, it was too dark. Then e called when we saw a msn the wrong side if the barrier on a motorway bridge...we know he/she was stopped from a story in the local paper, but were never contacted again. Well done though!

Mouse
11-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Well done for phoning.

I phoned 999 once when there were rival gangs fighting in our street. They had scaffolding pipes & knives. The police phone me back 3 HOURS later to ask if it was still going on :panic:

TNT
11-03-2013, 07:48 PM
You absolutely did the right thing! I would have done the same. How scary for you, the fact that they were walking past a school would scare me too.
I rang 999 once before when my delightful neighbours were having a party which turned into a mass fight outside our house, about 20 people fighting, it was awful and I was really shaken afterwards. They came really quickly though.
It might be worth asking the school if they heard anything about it, might give you some answers.

welshgirl
11-03-2013, 09:34 PM
I haven't heard anything, but might ask tomorrow at school. There is a children's centre/community centre next door to the school we have drop in tomorrow, so ill ask then. I've described the gun to my partner, he thinks its an air rifle, but what 3 lads in their late teens/early 20's were doing with it I'm not sure!

supermumy
11-03-2013, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't ask around to much incase they got caught it links you back to them better to be safe :)

Ripeberry
11-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Even if it was an air rifle, they should not be carrying it unsheathed. The same applies to shotguns, they must be 'broken' and hidden from view in public places. A few of the youths on my estate have air riffles and one lad in his 20s has a proper shotgun. He goes shooting for rabbits and his mum cooks them up in a stew. Cheaper than getting chicken from Tesco.

Belly2009
12-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Wasnt bedfordshire by any chance?