PDA

View Full Version : EYE, Accreditation and bristol Standard

kp0781
11-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Hi,
I have just completed my Level 3 with a with to becoming accredited and taking the EYE. In my county we are also just starting the Bristol Standard and I have been on an initial meeting to find out about this. Can anyone tell me of their experiences with good or bad with being accredited, and /or the Bristol Standard. I currently work 4 days a week 8-6 and have 4 children in total including 2 babies, one of my own and one a sibling baby I alredy looked after. I am looking at ways to set me apart from other CM's in the area and to improve Ofsted but don't want a load of extra work with having a young family. Thanks

kp0781
12-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Anyone???? I'm new on here could really do with some help :-) should I post somewhere else ? Thanks

sarah707
12-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Unfortunately it's a really specific question if you are asking about Bristol.

broaden it out - I am accredited and I don't have to do a lot extra work here in Cheshire - but in other areas of the country they have huge hoops to jump through - so it really varies.

It's great as a unique selling point and for advertising.

Good luck with it all! :D

lisbet
12-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Sarah, this is the Bristol Standard and it can be used in other LA's too: The Bristol Standard | Bristol City Council (http://www.bristol.gov.uk/page/children-and-young-people/bristol-standard) :thumbsup:

kp0781, I don't know much about it I'm afraid, but I'm hoping to do it in the future, so interested in any replies :)

kp0781
29-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Lisbet I have decided not to do it at the mo. I think it is just a bit too much extra work for me with a young family. I wanted to do it as part of the accreditation process but think I will wait. Good luck if you decide to do it

zippy
02-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Isn't it all suppose to be changing in sept anyway so that we don't have to jump all their hoops, I'm waiting till then, don't want to do half a ton extra work if it becomes irrelevant.