PDA

View Full Version : EYFS Profile 2013?

funemnx
11-03-2013, 02:05 PM
I've just been reading about the EYFS Profile 2013 in my local early years teams magazine (Cambridgeshire). Apparently, training is to be given...

Is it just in my area or are others areas doing this too?

From the little I understand, it seems to be another type of summative report or assessment of the EYFS to be used at transistion to reception class - it doesn't take much to confuse me, is this instead of what I already do or as well as? :blush:

QualityCare
11-03-2013, 02:29 PM
One of my mums who is a reception class teacher has gone on a course today on filling in profile assessment forms as they have to do one for entry to year one, not heard anything about childminders doing them, but then again if parent wants their child to start school at year 1 entry and child stays with childminder or nursery some-one would possibly have to do one.

funemnx
11-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks QC, I'm wondering why our area want us to do them.... unless it isn't for childminders but for teachers - the magazine I mentioned is produced by the local early years team but that might include reception teachers....

moggy
11-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Thanks QC, I'm wondering why our area want us to do them.... unless it isn't for childminders but for teachers - the magazine I mentioned is produced by the local early years team but that might include reception teachers....

yes, probably aimed at reception teachers or maybe some provisions like a Montessori nursery who cover up to 7 yr olds who may be the only-setting for a 4-5 year old. Very unlikely a CM would ever do one.