PDA

View Full Version : Impetigo help!

sunview_cm
11-03-2013, 07:17 AM
For the past 4weeks my setting has been plagued with illness. Now this morning my son looks like he's got impetigo on his chin. He is 7 and I have a mindee coming in half hour who is 2. I don't want to cancel again on this child, its unlikely he'll catch if I keep them away but need to get my son at drs and normally pick up another child on school run. Ahhhh! When will this sickness end!?

sarah707
11-03-2013, 08:00 AM
I close for impetigo because my son has eczema and if he gets it he ends up very seriously ill... but if you think you can contain it and keep your son out of the way of the minded children then you should be ok as he is older.

Do you have any antibiotic cream? Fucibet or similar? I don't think it will hurt to put some on now.

Hugs xx

jackie 7
11-03-2013, 08:55 AM
I looked after a boy who got impetigo and it reappeared every few weeks. He ended up on antibiotics as it came back so often. We would put the cream on as soon as we thought it was appearing. Mails must be short and he washed his hands every time he touched his face. I think it was treated in the end with an anti fungal
Cream.

sunview_cm
12-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Oh no! Dr said it was impetigo but should be ok childminding so informed parents of what dr said and they sent them in. This morning a mindee has come in with what looks like a circular weeping area on his hand. This mindee has very bad eczema and am really worried it is impetigo. I just rang dad and he said hasn't your son got that? I wonder if because of his skin being so bad it's made him more susceptible to it. I kept my son in his room apart trips to toilet and coming to get a drink. My son only has a small spot on his chin so not easily transferable really but am feeling really guilty!!
Any advice? In hind sight I should closed!
X

sunview_cm
12-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Also if he has got it and has to have 2 days off or whatever, do I charge? Would you charge? He did catch it in my setting but I followed drs advice and informed parents they choose to bring him!
Help!!!

adedwards68
12-03-2013, 09:13 AM
I would still charge as you informed the parents and it was their choice whether to send their child or not.