PDA

View Full Version : Childminder's wrongly being given a bad name again!!!

littletreasures
10-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Front page of that's life magazine.

It wasn't a childminder, it was a bloke she got to know and he was BABYSITTING the baby!!!

AgentTink
10-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I can feel a strongly worded complaint letter coming on :panic: I don't understand how any news story/article can get their headline so Inaccurately wrong

Minstrel
10-03-2013, 08:34 PM
OMG that's awful. What on earth do they think they are playing at?? :eek:

mummyMia
10-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Grrrr!!! They probably think it sounds more sensational than saying 'babysitter'. :mad:

caz3007
10-03-2013, 09:04 PM
I bought it today and was going to write or email to complain

AgentTink
10-03-2013, 09:50 PM
I have just been on their facebook and 3 childminders have already complained about the term childminder being used wrongly and that they want a full apology in the next edition. The bizarre thing is on its own facebook page it talks about the 3 headlines and says the story is about a mum who leaves her new boyfriend babysitting her new baby! So they are fully aware that there is no talk of a childminder anywhere in the story.

Childminder in Kent
10-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Disgusted is all I can say!

Jo Jo
11-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Omg that is wrong I think I'll write a complaint to the magazine this could potentially risk a childminders reputation !!

AgentTink
11-03-2013, 09:58 AM
I have sent my complaint to stories@thatslife.co.uk and if I do not get a satisfactory answer I will be making the press complains commission aware.

AgentTink
11-03-2013, 10:21 AM
It gets worse I went on their Twitter account and they have the same story with the hastag #evilchildminder .... I am furious

hectors house
11-03-2013, 11:07 AM
I get so angry when I see people out in town when I have the mindees and they say "oh still babysitting then" - how come no one can disguish between a babysitter and a professional childcarer "registered childminder" - especially the press.

Ripeberry
11-03-2013, 11:53 AM
I've left a couple of comments on Twitter :mad:

Jayse74
11-03-2013, 12:10 PM
My wife was talking to me about this! Is it the fault of society or just the author of the story? It just seems like the rags that dare call themselves newspapers e.g. Daily Mail (I hate that paper with a vengeance!) seem to be on a mission to educate people that any form of childcare is bad! So now this Life Magazine has decided to inform everyone this bloke was a Childminder which will now get the odd parent slating us even more! Getting facts like this wrong is really causing a lot of misinformed attitudes and comments. I do not think this was a mistake! You do not get things like this wrong, call me paranoid but this was a thought out attack again! but why?

There is a current story on the website of the daily fail about how children who are in daycare or with a childminder will grow up as a tearaway lol. Really come on! What is going on with this country?

TooEarlyForGin?
11-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Making a sweeping statement without even reading the article, I guess it removes the onus off the mother, as if she had just left her child with a "babysittter" she couldn't be so justified being angry as it would make her look stupid. Making it look like it was someone trustworthy, removes the blame off her.