PDA

View Full Version : "Starting Up "

Brownie
10-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Hi All
I'm starting up and my children are now grown up so I nothing, Will I need everything ready for my OFSTED inspection? Will I need things like, Cot, Pram, High chair, Safety gates, Garden toys, Arts and crafts and in general all you need with children? Dont want to buy it all till I know what age children I will care for ???:clapping::clapping::clapping:

swmabo
11-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi All
I'm starting up and my children are now grown up so I nothing, Will I need everything ready for my OFSTED inspection? Will I need things like, Cot, Pram, High chair, Safety gates, Garden toys, Arts and crafts and in general all you need with children? Dont want to buy it all till I know what age children I will care for ???:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Hi
Have you checked out the ofsted pre-registration guidance? They have a document that has questions to help you prepare. I am getting ready myself just waiting on my Drs to hurry up with my paperwork!
You do need to be ready to mind on the day that they come, so you would need to show that you are ready to have the age groups you are applying to be certified for. If you feel that you can evidence that you will have everything you need when children come then you don't need to have nursery ready to rock so to say. But I would recommend getting some bits for the age groups you are expecting to care for (even if you pick them up cheap and replace them down the line).
good luck :)

Buckoblue
11-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Hiya

I have just had my registration visit today and she wanted to see a good range of toys but she wasn't bothered about sleeping arrangements ect? She wanted to see that all the toys were accessible to the children too. I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old so only really have toys for those age ranges but she was happy that I would provide appropriate toys etc for older children. You will probably need safety gates as she went round my house with my risk assessment so everything needed to be in place.

I already have a high hair and a cot for my little boy but she didn't mention it. I am not sure if that is because she could see them out.

She asked lots of questions from the preparing for you registration document. She was very interested in my risk assessment and of course certain policies and procedures. She spent a lot of time asking about the 2 year check too. Although I think it depends who you get as I think they all concentrate on different things.

Hope this helps a bit. xx

Brownie
31-03-2013, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=Brownie;1222652]Hi All
I'm starting up and my children are now grown up so I nothing, Will I need everything ready for my OFSTED inspection? Will I need things like, Cot, Pram, High chair, Safety gates, Garden toys, Arts and crafts and in general all you need with children? Dont want to buy it all till I know what age children I will care for

Hi
Thank you all for you help x