PDA

View Full Version : Spotless home?!

smithya85
29-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Hello! I started the process of becoming a childminder (started filling out forms, policies etc) a couple of months ago but sort of gave up as I felt a bit overwhelmed by it all and felt there was going to be too much to do to my home to be able to become registered. After having a break from it all I've decided to get stuck in and get registered!! :laughing: My question is do you all have spotless houses?? My concern is how Im going to manage to keep my home spotless all the time when I cant at the moment! :blush:

Amy :)

squiggle
29-06-2008, 08:57 PM
i would love a spotless house!!! :laughing:

i say my house looks lived in.

i do my risk assessments etc and make sure their is nothing to harm the children but its not spotless.

Jen x

Mollymop
29-06-2008, 08:59 PM
My house looks lived in as well! I hate mess and I always tidy and clean every day but my house is very rarely "spotless", ha! Wish I could find the time.:rolleyes:

Wendy Woo
29-06-2008, 08:59 PM
i was a bit like that but i have to say i am copin ok. i always have downstairs tidy and kind of use upstairs as a dumpin ground as i dont use upstairs during th week. that gets sorted at the weekend.

i find bein at home i can keep downstairs clean. i tidy the kitchen as i go (eg sweep after meal times, wipe down after usein work tops) i clean the downstairs toilet wen mindeees have gone home. with doin it each nite it doesnt take a lot. and i tend to hover front room every other day dependin on how much time we have spent inside!!!!

its easier than i thought but does take up ur spare time!!!!!

breezy
29-06-2008, 09:00 PM
No not spotless!!!!
safe is more important and clean, you cant have a spotless house when you mind, unless you tie the kids up in a corner for the day :laughing:

Housework will definitely not get done if you're a member here, you'll be too busy chatting:laughing:

ruby
29-06-2008, 09:03 PM
oh how i wish

i'd like to keep it tidy but with 6 little one everyday there is no hope

as long as its safe and clean that all that matters

cathy

smithya85
29-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for your replies! I guess I really just need to get into a routine! My daughter (10 months) has a fear of the hoover so I have to make sure I do the hoovering while shes asleep or when theres someone else there to reasure her that its not going to get her! :laughing:

Annie_T
29-06-2008, 09:10 PM
mine is not spotless yet it is clean and safe.. so inspector lady says haha

long as you have done the safty side of things and removed all dangerous things etc and know what you need to to prevent kids forom harm i think your be ok hun x

donnahay0
29-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Oh my house is absolutely perfectly spotless - NOT.

Generally I can keep the house clean and I must admit I do have a lady who does some cleaning for me 2 hours on a Thursday evening (she cleans my glass doors which is always dirty from the kids who insist on kissing, licking, wiping their hands and noses all over, mops my floors, stuff I don't get round to doing really).

What gets me is the clutter zones, usually a pile of childminding paperwork covering up some letter regarding something my children should be doing at school, a dentist appointment card or a form that needed to be sent of last month. - I often think about having a really good sort out but to be honest I just can't seem to get any enthusiasm up.

For me it is either childminding paperwork or household paperwork, cleaning or diy or my family. I just can't seem to organise myself to do it all. Whatever the thing of the moment is I am very good at, but everything else goes to pot including getting the evening meal cooked sometimes. I often feel like a really c**p mother :(

ajs
29-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Oh my house is absolutely perfectly spotless - NOT.

Generally I can keep the house clean and I must admit I do have a lady who does some cleaning for me 2 hours on a Thursday evening (she cleans my glass doors which is always dirty from the kids who insist on kissing, licking, wiping their hands and noses all over, mops my floors, stuff I don't get round to doing really).

What gets me is the clutter zones, usually a pile of childminding paperwork covering up some letter regarding something my children should be doing at school, a dentist appointment card or a form that needed to be sent of last month. - I often think about having a really good sort out but to be honest I just can't seem to get any enthusiasm up.

For me it is either childminding paperwork or household paperwork, cleaning or diy or my family. I just can't seem to organise myself to do it all. Whatever the thing of the moment is I am very good at, but everything else goes to pot including getting the evening meal cooked sometimes. I often feel like a really c**p mother :(

i am glad i am not the only one

of course you forgot the most important part of our day and that's chatting on the forum

no a spotless house is not a likely in this job

Twinkles
29-06-2008, 11:26 PM
My daughter (10 months) has a fear of the hoover :laughing:

Me too !!!

carrieboo
30-06-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm so glad you started this as I am worried about it to. I can't manage to keep mine clean and tidy for more than a few days/week at a time (the motivation just goes). I was hoping that childminding would encourage me to get my act together and fingers crossed it sounds like it will!!

P.S doesn't the saying goes something like, 'spotless houses mean you are not spending time enjoying the children!!'

Caroline

aly
30-06-2008, 09:08 AM
smithya85[/b] http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif] (http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=175735#post175735)
My daughter (10 months) has a fear of the hoover :laughing:

Me too !!!

Is it you that's scared or your daughter??

:jump for joy:

Twinkles
30-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Is it you that's scared or your daughter??

:jump for joy:

Me!! nasty thing so it is. I'm allergic to all forms of housework :D

lishylee
30-06-2008, 09:10 PM
lol my house isnt spotless im shattered by time kiddies go home i dont have much time luckly my partner is great at tidying up lol
but i just make sure saftey gates are on properly locks on fridge ect floor swept each morning and dishes done theres always toys lying around

leanne x

susi513
03-07-2008, 02:10 PM
I know an ex-childminder who had a spotless home. Parents said they didn't choose her because they couldn't find any toys!!

My home is spotless - it has no tidy spots. I'm working on it though.

I've taught the mindees a tidy up song - to the tune of London Bridge it goes:

Now its time to tidy up, tidy up tidy up.
Now its time to tidy up, its tidy up time.

We put the books back in the rack...

Who can put the most away ...

All the duplo in the box ...

Make it up as you go along.

It works! I've been commenting in our daily diary that a child has been helpful at tidy up time (she always used to watch before). And she came home with a sticker from preschool for helping too.

donnahay0
04-07-2008, 07:31 AM
I love that song Susi,

I think I might try that - hope you don't mind.

Donkey
04-07-2008, 08:29 AM
great idea!!!

we can link it into eyfs too, tidying up - knowledge and understanding of the world, problem solving, personal, social and emotional development, communication and physical development.

get the camera out and take piccies of them helping to tidy away. hopefully Ofsted will love it, If I am wrong I am sure Sarah will be along and correct me :D

donnahay0
04-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh there's always one isn't there - clever clogs (ha ha).

Seriously you are quite right about linking it with eyfs - perhaps we should sing it and get the children to tidy up when ofsted are there and get them to sing and help too.

Donkey
04-07-2008, 02:47 PM
:P :littleangel: :littleangel: :littleangel: