PDA

View Full Version : Help - inspection imminent got some questions...

MrsP2C
09-03-2013, 11:56 PM
I've got my 1st graded inspection one day next week & have a couple of queries:
1. Do I have to check her ID (even though she couldn't be anyone other than an Ofsted inspector!) & get her to physical sign my visitor log which I usually do myself at the end of the day.
2. Do I have to have all my paperwork out & ready every morning next week just in case it's D-Day?
3. I have a LO who only sleeps in the buggy & usually nods off on the way home from school but if not I take her for a stroll about 10am then leave the buggy in the hall - can i still do this if the inspector had just arrived? (Mindee only comes 1 day & this is mums request that I'm fine with as I don't have any others that day)
4. I'm really hoping she's been by then but on Friday I've got my final day minding a really tricky mix of under 3's (2 very clingy babies who react quite strongly to the other crying plus toddler who plays up probably due to my lack of proper attention) and my husband(registered assistant) usually helps out for a few hours. I can't do this if Ofsted are here so any suggestions? I'm dreading it being this day so much that have even contemplated calling her if she doesn't arrive Thursday & saying either I or mindees are off sick which is clearly not right!!
5. Will she want to look around my whole house including upstairs - every room is officially used but I have stairgates & mindees don't have unsupervised access upstairs & it's really only used for nap times.
Thanks in advance from a very nervous MrsP2C

SJ35
10-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Just done a long reply to this but it got lost grr , I'll try again x

I've got my 1st graded inspection one day next week & have a couple of queries:
1. Do I have to check her ID (even though she couldn't be anyone other than an Ofsted inspector!) & get her to physical sign my visitor log which I usually do myself at the end of the day.

Yes I would.

2. Do I have to have all my paperwork out & ready every morning next week just in case it's D-Day?

Again, yes I would, saves you racing around getting it out when she arrives. You don't need any extra stress.

3. I have a LO who only sleeps in the buggy & usually nods off on the way home from school but if not I take her for a stroll about 10am then leave the buggy in the hall - can i still do this if the inspector had just arrived? (Mindee only comes 1 day & this is mums request that I'm fine with as I don't have any others that day)

I had a little boy at my last inspection that needed to go in buggy to sleep. I just popped him in it in the hall and rocked him to sleep while talking to Ofsted lady. Not sure if they would want to go out.

4. I'm really hoping she's been by then but on Friday I've got my final day minding a really tricky mix of under 3's (2 very clingy babies who react quite strongly to the other crying plus toddler who plays up probably due to my lack of proper attention) and my husband(registered assistant) usually helps out for a few hours. I can't do this if Ofsted are here so any suggestions?

Why cant you do it if ofsteds here? sorry if i'm missing something?

I'm dreading it being this day so much that have even contemplated calling her if she doesn't arrive Thursday & saying either I or mindees are off sick which is clearly not right!!

Lol, no not right but tempting and I bet it's been done many times before!

5. Will she want to look around my whole house including upstairs - every room is officially used but I have stairgates & mindees don't have unsupervised access upstairs & it's really only used for nap times.

Yes she will want to look around the house. What I did was to talk a lot while walking round. I hadn't got stairgates upstairs as I didn't need them for my little mindee at the time, he was only 12 months old and didn't go upstairs.
Again I didn't move shampoos etc out of reach as he didn't have access to the bathroom. No hand washing signs etc either as they would have only been there to impress Ofsted bit to benefit mindee.

Thanks in advance from a very nervous

MrsP2C

I was really nervous at my inspection and I told her that I was terrified and was rubbish when people fired questions at me lol.
It wasn't as bad as I thought , honestly, although I'll be glad when my inspection is over this week too! (Second one in 6 months due to house move )
Good luck and let us know how it went.
Stacey x

jadavi
10-03-2013, 03:22 AM
I had written request from parent about child sleeping in buggy as Ofsted prefer cots,
They only want to see rooms and areas used for minding.
Good luck; try and relax x

MessybutHappy
10-03-2013, 08:14 AM
I had one sleep in a buggy, no problem, I explained why. Yes, do check id. Yes, do have paperwork out.

How you manage upset children is sometimes a positive! the inspector can see that you interact and calm them...I had one who was very wobbly that day and set the others off, thought it was awful, but she was pleased that the child did calm down....eventually! Good Luck.

Shamai
10-03-2013, 08:24 AM
My inspector asked me if there were any days that were better than others. I said we attended toddler groups on a Tuesday and Wednesday morning and she said she'd do her best to avoid those days so it didn't disrupt my routine. I was however told that she would arrive by 930am and if she hadnt arrived by then to carry on with my normal day. Wishing you lots of luck x