PDA

View Full Version : CAB Check

Kevin1964
09-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Anyone know apart from the major things of anything that might mean you fail the CAB check like being Arested questioned but not charged Just wondering as I was asked this Today

Minstrel
09-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Do you mean the CRB/DBS check?

hectors house
09-03-2013, 09:54 PM
All I remember being told on the childminding course is that they do check right back to when you were a child to see if you have any juvenile convictions - getting into fights, disturbing the peace, shoplifting - anything that stays on your police records.

Kevin1964
10-03-2013, 07:57 AM
All I remember being told on the childminding course is that they do check right back to when you were a child to see if you have any juvenile convictions - getting into fights, disturbing the peace, shoplifting - anything that stays on your police records.

OPs yes I meat CRB not cab :laughing:

littleroos
10-03-2013, 08:08 AM
However if it is something juvenile that doesn't have any impact on children then it probably wot have a bearing. I have something from when I was 13 that got 'cleared' when I was 18 and it didn't prevent me from becoming a nurse or a childminder :-)

MessybutHappy
10-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Just make sure you tell your friend to declare everything...at my old work, a failure to declare even a spent conviction would stop you being employed if it came back on the CRB.

Kevin1964
10-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Just make sure you tell your friend to declare everything...at my old work, a failure to declare even a spent conviction would stop you being employed if it came back on the CRB.

Hi it was not a friend it was on the safeguarding children course . The lady that took the course was a social worker and the question just came up and it got me thinking about 15 years ago I was arrested but not charged I was questioned at the police station released after 3 hours told that it might not go further which it did not. It was not connected with children. I have done my estas for the USA and it never stopped me they do a check two.