PDA

View Full Version : assessment summary how often?

louised
09-03-2013, 08:47 AM
How often does everyone do assessment summaries? I currently do them every 6 months but many of my childminding friends seem to do them termly like nurseries. Is there a set amount of time between assessments or is it up to the individual?

blue bear
09-03-2013, 08:54 AM
Our d/o recemends every 8 weeks, the nursery do a very short assessment (general statement on child and cicrlce age band where development is in each area of learning) three times a year. I used to do a detailed one three times a year. I am scaling it back to six monthly this year and at Easter will send the learning journey home with a form for parents to complete on what little johnny does at home,what they have been following up from what the child has done with me and their ideas for moving their child forward.

Daisy De
09-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Six monthly :)

watgem
09-03-2013, 09:03 AM
we have been told to track development half termly on a grid, but to do at least 2 full assessments each year

mummyMia
09-03-2013, 10:12 AM
I also do mine every 6 months. I think I would struggle to find enough new things to write every term and there is so much paperwork as it is.

louised
09-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Good to know I'm not the only one who does them 6 monthly. Has anyone had any feedback from ofsted, e.g. is 6 monthly enough or would they prefer more frequent assessments