PDA

View Full Version : Hello and a quick question

pumpkin-patch
03-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi im new here thought id say hello. Just done my standards training day so im only a newbie to all this. Can i ask how long does it take to be registered start to finish? I know it varies from place to place but when i asked she said she was unsure and thats it.

Anyway i hope to get to know you all, seems like a friendly place. Thanks in advance

Jemma x

Polly2
03-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Hi Jemma
Welcome!

It took me 6mths from start to finish - I am in S Wales and you are right it does vary everywhere.

Enjoy the forum :thumbsup:

sarah707
03-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi Jemma and welcome to the forum!

Sorry - I registered too long ago to know - just wanted to say hello!

emler
03-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Hi Jemma

Welcome to the forum

Emler x

bubbly
03-01-2008, 09:15 PM
It took months for my CRB check to come through. That was my biggest hold-up. I'd advise you to submit the CRB paperwork asap. Some peoples checks haven't taken quite as long as mine but just bear in mind it could.

Good luck xxx

LittleMissSparkles
03-01-2008, 09:27 PM
had my ofsted inspection in march registration came through mid to end june, good luck and welcome to the forum xxx

pumpkin-patch
03-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome and the info. Im on maternity leave at the moment and due to finish end of march. Taken a year off full pay but wont have a job to go back to :( got some kids lined up for when im done but just seems to drag when i know im gonna be jobless soon. Thought being a qualified nursery nurse may help but apparently not. Ah well all good things.........

Thanks everyone

mrsbumbles
03-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Cant help you either been so long since i registered. Welcome and hope to chat soon

angeldelight
03-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Hello Jemma

Welcome to the forum

Hope to chat soon

Angel xx

Shirlwith3
04-01-2008, 07:46 AM
I was registered just over a year ago and it took 9 weeks in total from sending the forms to receiving my cert.
Good luck

Shirl

Banana
04-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi Jemma, welcome to the forum.

My registration took between 7 and 8 weeks. It was very quick - well I thought so anyway!

xx

Mollymop
04-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi Jemma,

I had a jemma on maternity leave on my course, is it you?

From the start for me - which was me enquiring back in July, I had to wait until Sept for my first Pre-reg meeting and then October we had to do our ICP course which lasted till December when we did our exam. I did my first aid course inbeteen in Nov and December. We got our application forms to send off to Ofsted mid December and was told it would take until MArch to get us registered if we got our application forms sent off straight away. i din't cos of xmas. But will be sending them off next week.
So really it will be taking me from July till approx march. But then we were told that our area is taking a very long time to process. Yours might be a lot quicker.
We weren't allowed to get our ofsted application and crb forms until we had done all the courses, but might be different for you , which then wouldn't take so long.

Minnie Minx
04-01-2008, 11:43 AM
hi gemma, welcome to the forum, i hope it doesn't take too long for you

xxx

deeb66
09-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Been away and still catching up with missed posts

The others have already provided you with lots of answers but you can see that it really does vary from case to case as there are so many differnet factors involved like the area you live in, the inspection team, CRB checks, Health checks etc etc.......no case is the same.

How are you getting on?

Tily Bud
09-01-2008, 02:42 PM
My registration took 6 weeks from start to finish that was 4 years ago though x

Cheryl x