PDA

View Full Version : Parent meeting - where do you file notes?

MrsP2C
08-03-2013, 01:56 PM
I've just had a really good meeting with one of my parents & will type up some notes but not sure where to file it for both my own purposes & for Ofsted to see my communication with parents. It was nothing too formal just an update on her DC's routine, whether I could take her swimming (she is very happy for me to take her & presumably I need written permission & a RA - anything else?), checking she's happy with my sleeping arrangements etc .

I have also had some parent questionnaire returned & recently had a chat with one of my mindees key workers at nursery (who won't share his LJ but that's a whole separate issue!) which I want to note down & again unsure whether to file these in the child's folder or create a specific 'working in partnership' file.

mummyMia
08-03-2013, 03:11 PM
I have a folder for each child where I keep all of the child record forms, permission forms, medication forms, accident forms, etc. I have added a 'working in partnership' section and have some blank pages in there with two columns for 'date' and 'notes'. If a parent mentions anything that I want to make a note of, I just jot it down in there. I find it easier to keep everything relating to a child together in one place.

The parent questionaires I am never sure about. I can't decide if it would be better to keep them in the children's individual folders or in my 'professional development' folder.

I don't think Ofsted will mind how you organise everything, as long as the information is all easy to access. :)

vals
08-03-2013, 05:14 PM
This year I started using an A4 size note book - been putting lots in it - things I need to do, things parents have said that need recording, things I have discussed with the first team etc etc. but I think, though it has worked so far, I might need to add some pages to each childs file and put some of it there - I always struggle with a 'system' - I create one, then keep changing it. By the time I find things that work they will have made agencies take over all the paperwork

MrsP2C
09-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Great stuff - I've now added a 'working in partnership' section to each child's folder. I've done the date/notes sheet as suggested for somewhere to minute day-to-day communication and also included feedback forms, meeting notes etc - I now just need to make sure I refer to their existence in my SEF in case ofsted are looking for everything in one place!!
Thanks to you both for helping me come up with a system that seems (for now at least!) to be manageable & logical.