PDA

View Full Version : List of MP's on the Committee for the Children and Families Bill

AgentTink
08-03-2013, 01:47 PM
I have pasted below a list of all the MP's involved in the Committee for the Children's and Family Bill. I found out yesterday that one of my borough MP's is on the committee, and even though he does not do my local area he does MP my borough, so thought it would do me no harm to send him a email sending him details of the forums MGC - An Analysis of the governments plans by childminders.

If you can see a local MP to you on this list please make your voice heard and send a email/letter :thumbsup: I have highlighted in bold the Labour MP's

Barwell, Gavin (Croydon Central) (Con)

Brooke, Annette (Mid Dorset and North Poole) (LD
Buckland, Mr Robert (South Swindon) (Con)
Elphicke, Charlie (Dover) (Con)

Esterson, Bill (Sefton Central) (Lab)

Glass, Pat (North West Durham) (Lab)

Hodgson, Mrs Sharon (Washington and Sunderland West) (Lab)

Jones, Graham (Hyndburn) (Lab)

Leadsom, Andrea (South Northamptonshire) (Con)

Lee, Jessica (Erewash) (Con)

Nandy, Lisa (Wigan) (Lab)
Nokes, Caroline (Romsey and Southampton North) (Con)

Powell, Lucy (Manchester Central) (Lab/Co-op)

Reed, Steve (Croydon North) (Lab)

Sawford, Andy (Corby) (Lab/Co-op)

Simpson, David (Upper Bann) (DUP)

Skidmore, Chris (Kingswood) (Con)

Swinson, Jo (Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills)

Timpson, Mr Edward (Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education)

Whittaker, Craig (Calder Valley) (Con)

loocyloo
08-03-2013, 01:58 PM
thank you, although sadly none anywhere close to me.

x

sarah707
08-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Thank you!

Mine is a bit busy trying to sort out the economy at the moment :rolleyes:

Sharon Hodgson on your list has been VERY supportive of childminders.. I tweeted her only the other day to thank her for standing up for us.

Now we have the letter from Labour expressing their concerns I think we need to focus on how Labour MPs can help us.

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/campaigns-petitions/115622-labour-response-more-great-childcare.html

xx

SammySplodger
08-03-2013, 06:51 PM
My local MP is Norman Baker (Lib Dem), I received an email today to say that he has written to Liz Truss. I will update when I hear more.

hectors house
08-03-2013, 07:23 PM
I rang my MP's office today to point out that I haven't had a reply to my letter dated 7 Feb and have only had auto replies to the 2 emails I have sent - I know he is Minister for Environment, agricultural and food and a bit busy with horse meat scandal, but surely that is all done and dusted now - time to move on David and deal with standing up for the future of childminders. Lady who answers phone says she will look into it - I said it isn't a consultation, it is already on 2nd reading in house of lords, so tell him it's URGENT :panic: