PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe what i've just seen!!

migimoo
08-03-2013, 12:15 PM
.....on the school run, stopped in car at lollipop lady and watched a dad pass his roll up to his son to have a drag on just before they walked through the school gates....the CHILD was no more than 12.

I literally couldn't believe what i'd just seen:panic:

The family lives a few streets from me-they are well known as they're a large family and mum and dad don't work,all scruffy,etc....is there someone I can tell about this?

rachelmama
08-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Oh gosh I'm shocked totally shocked dad isn't being a very good parent and roll model for his son is he

K.EAST
08-03-2013, 12:33 PM
What else next!!!!'

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

Ripeberry
08-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Well you've told us. But unless you go right up and challenge him I don't think the Social are going to be interested. There is a family down the road from me who have a weird set up. The granny owns the house but her adult daughter lives there with her 6 kids and the adult son lives there as well. They are both in their forties. But every single adult in that house is a chain smoker. Of course the children are now old enough to smoke and I've even seen the eleven year old smoke.
What can you do? I just feel very sorry for the lot of them :(

Helen Dempster
08-03-2013, 12:38 PM
how awful! No hope for the poor lad, is there? I'm not sure you can report something like that however? I think it's classed as a moral incident? Could be wrong though....

migimoo
08-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Surely that's some sort of abuse-or neglect at the very least? If he was supplying him with alcohol or marijuana that would be the case.

hectors house
08-03-2013, 12:52 PM
I would tell the school and see if they can advise on next steps.

It is terrible to see youngsters smoking, I can understand slightly that older people have problems giving up - if someone told me I had to give up chocolate :panic: , but really don't understand why the message isn't getting through to youngsters - my kids don't smoke and they wouldn't ever try after seeing father in law living out his final few years on oxygen 24/7 - but it clearly hasn't put off a niece and nephew.

migimoo
08-03-2013, 07:38 PM
I get on well with the ladies at my local children's centre where our local CAF operates from.

Think i'll mention it to them and see a)if they think anything can be done and b)if this family is known to them already then they can note it down.

Just told my DH and he is disgusted-says if he was with me he'd have said something to the dad.:blush:

RuthJ
08-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Noooooooooo! :panic:

Unbelievable!