PDA

View Full Version : Do you chase?

sprinkles
07-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Do you try to follow up on parents that have asked for information? I've had an enquiry and heard nothing back yet, although she did say she would contact me once her hours at work are confirmed. I'm just wondering if any of you chase for an answer and how long you leave it before you do?

miffy
07-03-2013, 10:42 PM
No, I don't chase people but if you want to know whether she is still interested then give her a call or email. It might be that she still doesn't know her hours, some employers can be very slow especially if someone is returning after maternity leave and wants to reduce their hours.

Miffy xx

SammySplodger
07-03-2013, 11:14 PM
I always ask for details of timescale (when they are going to make a decision). I don't bother to chase if they have yet to find work or are looking at various other childcare options.

If their timescale is 'urgent' I will email them if someone else makes an enquiry, to check if they still want it. But usually find that people come back to me quite quickly as most CMs and nurseries locally are full.

chezzagriff
08-03-2013, 08:31 AM
No I dont chase, the only time I would contact them is if I had another enquiry. I then just give a quick ring and ask them if they require the place. Its frustrating waiting and waiting but you dont want to look desperate.:D

mummyMia
08-03-2013, 02:04 PM
I don't chase them either. I tend to think that if they are serious about going ahead then they will get in touch with me themselves. I also don't want to look too desperate because it sets up the wrong tone for the relationship right from the start. :)

jillplum
08-03-2013, 02:17 PM
If I get another enquiry I then get in touch to ask if they want the place. Or I pretend I have another enquiry just to satisfy my curiosity and impatience :D

Becci26
08-03-2013, 02:27 PM
I don't chase either,

The only time I get in touch with them is just after a first meeting (usually the same day), I just drop them a text saying it was lovely to meet them and look forward to hearing from them soon.

RuthJ
08-03-2013, 07:01 PM
If I get another enquiry I then get in touch to ask if they want the place. Or I pretend I have another enquiry just to satisfy my curiosity and impatience :D

This is what I do too!