PDA

View Full Version : How long do you leave them to sleep?

jackie 7
07-03-2013, 04:05 PM
I have 1 lo2 1/2 who is at day care 2 days. Hamster boy. He does not sleep for parents! I never have any problems getting him into bed but he would sleep all day if I let him. I have been into the playroom and he is still asleep. A noisy boy followed me in I opened the curtain talked loudly got another up who crawled on him and hd is still asleep after 3 hours.!! I know we are supposed to let them sleep but the others are up. At nursery they keep waking him up according to mother! How long is too long?

chriss
07-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Does he usually sleep this long ? Maybe hes coming down with something ? Wonder if he will wake before home time ;)

Rubybubbles
07-03-2013, 04:28 PM
My little in bed at parents request as by tea time a right nightmare! He was having 2-3 hours after lunch so about 12-3 now having 10-11:30 and 3ish till home time if needed Ekkk

But he goes out like a light so what else can I do if he still sleeps all night!! Should catch up on paperwork but hey hoo lol

Lucky for me like I say parents request ( they were good about if out no dramas)

jackie 7
07-03-2013, 04:55 PM
He is always tired when he comes. This is normal when here. Looks a different boy now. Happy and got colour in his cheeks. Doesn't go outside at day care! So much for eyfs!!!

The Juggler
07-03-2013, 05:19 PM
he is probably catching up on his missed night time sleep/late nights if he isn't a good sleeper at home.

However, it's not a good habit as he gets older. I'd speak to mum and dad about helping him settle better at home and move to a shorter sleep with you?

QualityCare
07-03-2013, 05:49 PM
If he's not sleeping at night he needs to sleep in the day to catch up and if he sleeps all afternoon he will not be tired at night, can you put him to sleep as soon as he arrives l know it will mean you will have to stay in and may have to miss group etc but if he can have 2/3hrs in the morning he should eventually be able to break the habit as long as parents put him to bed at a reasonable time.If you can't is there a time when you can let him sleep for a reasonable length of time, it may mean you have to give him a later lunch but I wouldn't be letting him sleep after 3.00 so that he can be tired at home time.

jackie 7
07-03-2013, 06:37 PM
I now only have him for 3ore Thursdays. No more constant runny nose! Yes I have talked tour about sleep. One day she said he went to bed early at 8.30. She knew by my face it was too late but she said it can take an hour to get him to sleep and it is the same when he is not with me. Any child who can sleep through the noise we were making in the room and with a child crawl on him has terrible sleep problems. Poor boy he is so stressed about going to day care. He is much worse since he went.