PDA

View Full Version : When a child leaves?

Tinkerbell1979
07-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Hi, I took on a temporary contract that started 2nd Jan. He will be leaving me middle of May and moving about 30 minutes away and going to a CM closer to home. When I had my Ofsted inspection I told her he was temporary and had previously been with a CM in central London. She asked if I had received anything from the previous CM, I hadn't, but no wondering if I should prepare something for the new CM, and if so what do I need to do?

TIA

funemnx
07-03-2013, 03:49 PM
I would usually just make sure the LJ is up-to-date and do a summative report :thumbsup:

Toothfairy
07-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Same here, just give Mum the LJ'S, any artwork and photos and I'd do a summary report.:thumbsup:

blue bear
07-03-2013, 04:00 PM
I had a little one leave at Christmas, moved 200 miles away. I rang the nursery and asked what info they would like and sent them a summary assessment including information about his likes and dislikes in the summary so they had a good rounded picture of him before he started. (parental permission obviously)
If I had a little one come to me from another provider I would love to receive some sort of summary of the child's normal routines, abilities, likes and dislikes giving me an insight to what makes the chikd tick before the chikd started with me. Little things like gets upset if a dog comes close, smoke alarm goes off, handryer noise etc. settles well with a knitted blanket that sort of thing

Carol
08-03-2013, 01:25 AM
When a new child starts with us it is nice to have a bit of information about the child. So I too would do a small info sheet about the child and keep a copy too.

Carol

chezzagriff
08-03-2013, 08:27 AM
As everyone else has already said just do a summary report and make sure observation file is up to date. :thumbsup:

Kirsty90
08-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Does anyone have a sample form for doing this please?

Thanks x