PDA

View Full Version : Working in Partnership

Helen Dempster
07-03-2013, 12:50 PM
I collect a lil' girl from pre-school on Thursdays and she's with me all day Fridays each week. This morning when I collected her, I handed a letter to the Manager regarding working in partnership and had a bit of a chat with her. She said if the parents consent then that will be fine, sharing info etc. I told her there was a letter of consent with my introduction letter too in the envelope. Anyway, she THEN asked me if this was something new, as I was the first childminder to even mention it.....! What?! LOL

MessybutHappy
07-03-2013, 01:01 PM
OMG! and ARRRGGGHHH! Why do we appear to be the only ones who are trying to work in partnership?!!!!

I hope you educated her!

zippy
07-03-2013, 05:03 PM
So doesn't surprise me lol. I ask my nursery for their planning, then I photocopy and highlight bits where I think I can do further practise with lo etc, and give them back highlighted copy which has notes on too of what I'm going to do inline with them so they have something to show Ofsted too, if they see you're helping them they are alot more forthcoming usually, I also go to parent open days to look at lo's Lj and send nursery PDF copies of mine by email. I have a fantastic relationship with them, if you get a cooperative teacher it's fab