PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else have days like these ??

adele1985
07-03-2013, 10:29 AM
feeling a bit guilty

i feel really poorly today (everywhere is aching, all my face feels numb)

i only have one mindee today, mum brought her at 9 and said lo was tired - and could she have a lazy day - ive asked lo what she wants to do (she goes to nursery at 12.30) and all she wants to do is watch nickjr - wich is fine with mum but feel guilty for not doing anything with her - shes free to go and play but shes not intrsted

would you just leave lo to watch tv

we done all mothersday crafts yesterday - made cards , homemade shortbread, planted seeds and decorated pots ect

Kerry84
07-03-2013, 10:32 AM
I woud let her just chill, its not going to do her any harm and perhaps give you time to catch up on paperwork etc, you done lots with her yesterday and shes off to nursery this afternoon! xx:)

caz3007
07-03-2013, 10:36 AM
I would just let her chill, its what mum would have done if she was home and Lo had a busy day yesterday and has nursery later, so be child led and let her be and chill yourself too

phoenix2010
07-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Its fine , stop worrying :)

I have the TV on now for a bit , theyve had a busy week and its not the end of the world

They dont always have to be doing something

lizduncan72
07-03-2013, 11:59 AM
My tv's on just now too for a bit-only got one mindee today and he's full of the cold and feeling sorry for himself so we're just cuddling up on the couch watching Mickey Mouse for a while. Well, he's watching and I'm on here on my phone!!!

thills
07-03-2013, 12:02 PM
We too are having a quiet time. We went to library this morn for rhyme time but my mindee is full of cold and I have the tail end of a migraine from yesterday so we are chilling now :)

kellib
07-03-2013, 12:33 PM
I don't think a morning or even a day watching TV from time to time does any harm, I know there's days when I feel like doing nothing but watching TV so why should kids be any different?

chezzagriff
07-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Nothing wrong with a bit of TV now and then. You cant be doing activites 24-7 and mum doesnt mind. I have a nursery pick up that plays mario kart on the wii whilst I make lunch and prepare snack. He plays on it approx 1 hour a day and then we do some activities and free play. Mum doesnt mind and it gives him an hour to relax after nursery before all my activities start.

MessybutHappy
07-03-2013, 12:58 PM
I agree, how else would be be able to link Peppa's muddy puddles with our own! And reassure that the smoke detector is no more frightening than the noisy alarm! We watched 10 minutes of something about a red train today - the children loved it!

SYLVIA
07-03-2013, 01:03 PM
TV on here too at the moment. Been at soft play all morning, had a busy week and I'm waiting for a slow coach to finish lunch. Then they have asked to watch a DVD so we will do that together. It's Friday and when they have had enough of that we will stop and do something else. It won't harm them and it doesn't happen every day

jackie 7
07-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Hope you feel better. You need quiet time so a bit of tv is just what she needs.

smurfette
07-03-2013, 01:32 PM
TV on here too at the moment. Been at soft play all morning, had a busy week and I'm waiting for a slow coach to finish lunch. Then they have asked to watch a DVD so we will do that together. It's Friday and when they have had enough of that we will stop and do something else. It won't harm them and it doesn't happen every day

Thursday today!! Just wishful thinking that its Friday! Lol !

phoenix2010
07-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Thursday today!! Just wishful thinking that its Friday! Lol !

lol im glad its Thursday there too , another one wishing it was Friday

Ive actually just had them outside filling up the sand pit with new sand for me and they loved it , then a mum comes to collect and comments on how its drizzling and cold and his hands are freezing , Oh bog off !!

honestly you cant win

adele1985
07-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the replys don't feel that guilty now lol we just had a bubble guppies morning today :-)