PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Day Cards

Lorna45
07-03-2013, 10:24 AM
At the moment I only do after school care which suites me, but at the beginning of the week the children decided what they wanted to make their mums for Mother's Day each night they have been working on their own little projects, last night most had finished and were very pleased one 6 y boy said my mum won't want this she will say its tat and she doesn't like made things and finished off by saying she says while dads got money he can spend it on her :(( I felt really sad for him.

caz3007
07-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Some people are so materialistic and cant see the wood for the trees.

That child has put a lot of love into her card and she should appreciate it for what it is and cardfull of love

mama2three
07-03-2013, 10:32 AM
At the moment I only do after school care which suites me, but at the beginning of the week the children decided what they wanted to make their mums for Mother's Day each night they have been working on their own little projects, last night most had finished and were very pleased one 6 y boy said my mum won't want this she will say its tat and she doesn't like made things and finished off by saying she says while dads got money he can spend it on her :(( I felt really sad for him.

so sad , give me things with love built in any day!

leeanne910
07-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Omg that broke my heart....i couldnt do that to any.of my boys! The hurt in their eyes would make me crack! I love things my boys make....even if i.do.hord loads of stuff lol when they have grown and fled the nest i.no.doubt will be treasuring it all

Lorna45
07-03-2013, 10:45 AM
I completely agree I don't know why I was surprised when he paints or draws a picture she always say lovely and then follows with I'm sure Lorna would like u to keep it here and then says to me file it , my eldest DD is 28 and I still have cards and things that she made me when she was young like u said cards full of love

Dragonfly
07-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Sad women isn't she?

supermumy
07-03-2013, 11:02 AM
That's really sad :(

chezzagriff
07-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Thats so sad. She obviously doesnt realise how shes affecting her child and its horrible that she cant see the effort her child has made to make her something nice. I have a box with all my 2 boys pictures in from the first few marks on paper. They are both still little so my attic is going to be full of these boxes one day but it will be so nice to look back at. I have the most recent ones on my fridge. Every time one of my boys makes a masterpiece I am proud of them and it makes my day. I cant see how anyone feels any different. Feel so sorry for the child.

Helen Dempster
07-03-2013, 12:47 PM
oh my days...that's AWFUL!!! Some people :angry:

Jo Jo
07-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Aww bless him that's so sad, I think she needs to wake up and smell the coffee there is more to life them money!!

MessybutHappy
07-03-2013, 01:05 PM
That's so sad, poor little man. I have a parent with these tendencies, so I try to make a big thing of their creations when they're here, take photo's etc so they know someone appreciates their hard work!

Lorna45
07-03-2013, 01:21 PM
I also take photos of things he makes and put them in a book as I realised very early on that she wasn't interested in things he makes, he had only been coming a couple of weeks and we made some sun catcher decorations and she said, please not here as well we get enough of this stuff from school he comes to yours to play, I was so annoyed I am always putting his pics on my walls so he can point them out to her