PDA

View Full Version : Full on morning already!

alex1604
07-03-2013, 08:43 AM
My goodness, 28 month mindee arrived at 7.50 and has only just calmed down! He's been coming to be for just over a month and always cries a bit when dropped off but stops pretty much as soon as we close the door. This morning he stood by the front door screaming and nothing I did helped! He even had a you accident because he was in such a state which upset him even more. I ended up giving him a dummy which he usually only has for sleep but I just didn't know what else to do!

Phew just needed to tell someone as I'm exhausted and it's only 8.45! Doesn't help that I have a horrid cold and have pretty much lost my voice so makes it hard to be heard over the screaming! Thank goodness today is the last day of the week for me!

smurfette
07-03-2013, 09:01 AM
I hear you! My first full day with a new mindee

Age 11 months.. Last week she came for a morning settling in and screamed for the whole morning ,, as cried today for about 45 minutes, finally I switched on olive the ostrich which apparently is her fave and she calmed down enough to go for her snooze. Round two due to start any minute! Hope your day improves!!

Maza
07-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Makes you appreciate the 'normal' days! x

chezzagriff
07-03-2013, 12:46 PM
O dear! Hope your day gets better. I have an 8 month old starting in 2 weeks who is clingy to mum but mum has to be pushed out the door as shes too scared to go and leave her crying. These are settling in visits too so its going to be hard work when its full days! Just think you can have a nice bottle of wine tonight as your off tomorrow :thumbsup:

MessybutHappy
07-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Hugs! Hope it's got better for you!

jackie 7
07-03-2013, 01:27 PM
And I thought I was having a bad morning at least mine didn't cry just pushed each other. I have 1 who goes to day card 2 days and me on the other. When he was here 3 days I made progress bug not he is pushing and grabbing all the time. Doesn't help it is raining.

alex1604
07-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm lucky his mum knows hanging around doesn't help so she leaves pretty quickly. He normally stops as she as she goes but not today! He finally cheered up after nearly 2 hours! I decided to do some baking as that normally makes them all happy - they get to eat cookie dough! All asleep now so fingers crossed for a happy afternoon making Mother's Day cards! X

smurfette
07-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Well my day went from bad to worse!! The one who wasnt well puked up everywhere and while his mum was picking him up the dad of the new one arrived .. I had popped her into the buggy with her bottle while I sorted him as they were setting each other off crying and I couldn't stop them! Thought if she was in a different room they might stop (she was in kitchen in sight and. Hearing) and then her dad arrived and she was still crying... Really hope he didnt think she had been crying all day (although I had text mum all day with pics and updates that she was doing well) bit worried now! Do you think parents realise that sometimes we have to put down/!not pick up a crying Lo as we only have one pair of hands?!!! Poor mum is bad enough about going back to work and leaving her!!
Mum of puker not too impressed I won't have him tomorrow but I am so fed up this week of babies puking over me and smelly diarrohea nappies and coughing all over me., that have all been sick this week, not a good week for enjoying my job!!!

Then.. Decided to go play squash, great session good destresser and needed to get petrol on way home.. Silly cashier muddled up the pumps and took 45 euros extra off my credit card. Took 20 mins to sort out and must have left lights on in car cos it wouldn't start!!!! Took an hour to get rescued, now enjoying my second glass of wine think its time to go to bed and end this crappy day!!!

alex1604
08-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Oh dear sounds like you deserved that glass of wine!
I don't think you should worry about popping LO in her buggy, at least she was safe while you sorted the other one out.
And we'll done for not having the sicky one today, it's just not worth risking you or the others getting sick - I'm sure his mum wouldn't want him to catch something!

Hope you have a better day and at least it's Friday!

smurfette
08-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Oh dear sounds like you deserved that glass of wine!
I don't think you should worry about popping LO in her buggy, at least she was safe while you sorted the other one out.
And we'll done for not having the sicky one today, it's just not worth risking you or the others getting sick - I'm sure his mum wouldn't want him to catch something!

Hope you have a better day and at least it's Friday!

Ah thanks Alex for the encouragement! Mum of new one was fine today .. Said Lo was in great form last night and slept well... I said did dad tell u she was crying when he came? She said yes, other Lo set her off! I said yes. Popped her in buggy in kitchen so they had a bit of space from each other while I packed him up for home, didn't want you to think she had been there all afternoon ha ha! She said not at all, thanks for all texts and pics yest made a difference wasnt so worried about her. Phew!! Lo hardly complained when mum dropped her, and just have her today so will be an easier day and can bond a bit.

Enjoyed my wine alright!!! Happy Friday!

smurfette
08-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Aw just had text from mum to say she didnt cry herself this morning, she is glad little one has settled so quickly and she is so happy she is with me and she knows she is being well looked after. Aw!!! That almost (almost mind!) makes up for crappy day yesterday!

alex1604
08-03-2013, 09:03 AM
That's great! So nice when you get a little bit of nice feedback and means a lot as it her first time leaving her LO. Big pat on the back for you :)