PDA

View Full Version : Own children sickness

sunview_cm
07-03-2013, 07:58 AM
There are so many bugs about at the moment. I had a day sick last week, my son had a day off school Monday but was fine by Tuesday now my little girl is poorly. My question is if I'm still willing to mind the eyfs children and inform parents of the situation and tell them if they want to keep their child at home I won't charge them and they choose to still bring their children, is that ok? There's no d and v, she has a temp, cough and complaining of headache.
There just so much if it going about I think that's pretty hard to avoid it and know how difficult it is for a parent to find alternative childcare at such short notice.
Emma

Maza
07-03-2013, 08:11 AM
I've done ths a couple of times recently and it really makes you thankful that we are in this job so that we can keep our babas with us instead of calling our boss to say we're not coming in! You just need to think how you will manage if she suddenly becomes very ill - temperature spikes etc. Are the parents very far away if they need to collect early? I've had to cancel my mindees about half an hour ago because DD just vomited. It was very short notice but thankfully they were great about it. Hope you all feel better soon. x