PDA

View Full Version : cheers to everyone

miss muffit
29-06-2008, 05:51 PM
We have just got back from a holiday in Scotland to find the water has a germ in it :eek: and could take up to 3 wks to sort out :eek: …well all I can say is it’s a good thing I have some wine and lager in the fridge :thumbsup: haha!!

Mind you it is a bit of a pain as you don’t realise how you take for granted ….drinking water from the tap

there was plenty of water up in Scotland and the orkney islands!!

it was still fun :thumbsup:

miffy
29-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Oh dear - poor you!

What will you give the mindees? :eek:

Hope you get it sorted soon - three weeks seems a long time to be without tap water

miffy xx

miss muffit
29-06-2008, 05:59 PM
I have asked all my parents to bring a bottle of water with the childs name on it as i don’t want to be blamed for giving them the bug if they get it, will see in the morning whether they bring with them or not :D

miffy
29-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Sounds a nightmare - aren't the water authority providing you with bottled water? Thought they had to do something like that if the supply was contaminated

miffy xx

miss muffit
29-06-2008, 06:07 PM
I would have thought they would of had to provide some bottled water, but i haven’t heard anything yet ... we went to the supermarket on our way home and got a few bottles they say we have to boil the water before cooking vegetables and things... wine tastes ok tho! :laughing: :laughing:

breezy
29-06-2008, 07:18 PM
stock up on wine!!!!!!!!

sarah32
29-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Welcome back Karen

Nightmare this week, boil boil boil, that all Ive been doing, lucky I took bottled water to group on Thursday, no one else thought about it.

Dont brush your teeth in it as well.:eek:

What fun.:D

Annie_T
29-06-2008, 07:27 PM
welcome bk hun and oh no fun but hey like you said least you got soem wine lol

Pauline
29-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Glad you had a nice time! :thumbsup:

Hope the parents bring the water, you don't want to have to share the wine :laughing:

Mollymop
29-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Oh dear!! I think i know where you are located and it begins with N - (not trying to give your area away!) haha

it's just my Darren was called there on emergency last wednesday night to help sort it out!

What a nightmare for you xx

miss muffit
29-06-2008, 09:36 PM
yes Northampton, I was very sick and d the thursday before i went away that lasted about 12 hours, i put it down too i had over eaten as i just couldnt stop the day before, now i'm thinking maybe it was the water,

So your Darren works for the water board, maybe he has more off an idea when we are likely to drink from our tap again, :idea:

really hope its soon

Mollymop
29-06-2008, 09:47 PM
No not the water board but he works in the water utilities sector - he lays mains and sorts problems etc.
His company is in alliance with Anglian water, but does not actually "work" for them

They told him that they have got to put filter systems in the water pipe line. They have got over 100 blokes there to do the job, but they said it will take 3 weeks, he said it is a major job so it might be quicker than 3 weeks.

He has been told he can not go back there as it it may contaminate the water in Norwich where he is working at the moment.

miss muffit
30-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Blimmy its a real inconvenience and its only day 3 for me, it really makes you stop and think the thing we take for granted

I got my parents to bring their own water and to be fair they have, much to my suprise :D

Thanks for your reply Sandra