PDA

View Full Version : Cheeky? Plus info question

sprinkles
06-03-2013, 10:12 PM
I've had an enquiry for after school on a Wednesday and before school on a Thursday. And her baby 9-5 Wednesday and 7.30am - 3 on a Thursday. She's asked if I can do pick ups and drop offs though - is this not a tad cheeky? I can't do it anyway as not planning on using the car and she lives other end of town.

What do you charge for schoolies? I'm guessing she is looking for about 3-5 on wednesday and 7.30-9 on Thursday - what would you charge and would you state it in your info you send to potential parents? I have just stated my hourly rate as I haven't come across any schoolies yet. I'm thinking maybe £3.75 for schoolies? I charge £3.50ph.

Meant to say I would have the schoolie same hours as baby in holidays...so do I only charge more if they are term time only? I'd oly be charging my normal hourly rate during holidays...

Daisy1956
06-03-2013, 11:04 PM
I would include a minimum charge per session in your contract. :)

merry
07-03-2013, 07:15 AM
I don't think it's cheeky to ask, some childminders will do pick up and drop off, it would have been cheeky if she'd just assumed you'd do it though.

:)

sprinkles
07-03-2013, 08:10 AM
I don't think it's cheeky to ask, some childminders will do pick up and drop off, it would have been cheeky if she'd just assumed you'd do it though.

:)

I doubt I will be taking them on as I can't do pick ups and drop offs, even if I was using the car - I wouldn't be here for other mindees arriving and leaving.

bunyip
07-03-2013, 08:44 AM
The client is asking if a CM provides a particular service, for which they are prepared to pay. I wouldn't describe that as "cheeky". Personally, I'm happy for a client to make any request so long as they'll accept "no" with the same good grace as "yes."

I negotiate all fees and contracts individually, so cannot advise what to charge. How much is it worth to you? How much is it worth to the parent? Can you reach an agreement around those figures?

Hope you can sort something out. :)