PDA

View Full Version : what a nice mammy

dette
06-03-2013, 08:11 PM
i have a LO whos mammy has been ill for 12month ,never managed to return to work after maternity leave,I have LO while dad works as mammy cant look after him.
she is trying to gently get back to caring for her little man so she has been dropping LO off at mine for the last 2 weeks instead of daddy,she is still quite slow and doesnt like to hold me up so today i asked her to meet me at softplay.i asked if she wanted to stay for a cuppa with us ,i took 2 other LO's and my eldest DD (22) (DD loves the food there)and my student placement
The mammy insisted on paying for her LO to get into softplay ,even though it was in my work hours and then bought all our drinks which cost over £10 (luxury hot chocolate mmmm)
She said it was just nice to be able to be out and about with her own child knowing that i was there to do all the climbing up and down the slides that she cant do.
Im gonna ask her to join us more often,not for the hot chocolate ,(although it was lovely ,had a flake and cream on it and mini-marshmallows mmmm)
it was such a small thing for me ,but it was a big thing for her .its nice to be nice :)

shortstuff
06-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Thats lovely, what a way to help the mum get back into it all. Well done you :clapping::clapping:

clareelizabeth1
06-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Yum love hot chocholate. Bet LO was excited to at being able to do something with mum

AgentTink
06-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Such small things really mean a lot in this line of work.

One of my mindees has been poorly on and off since he was born, and this week he has been poorly again. Mum tries so hard to keep him well, but really struggles to get to groups with him on her days off due to his illness and lack of sleeping. She is always saying she would love to see him enjoying the groups i take him too. Anyway mum is keeping him off tomorrow because she is worried about him, but we have a lovely little music group on a Thursday so I said if they are up for it, get to mine and we can all go together. She was delighted, but didn't want to get in my way. I said don't be silly, it would be good fun. Just hope her little man is up for it tomorrow :thumbsup:

lubeam
06-03-2013, 08:28 PM
That's lovely :) and I can nearly taste the hot chocolate lol :)

RuthJ
06-03-2013, 08:45 PM
That's lovely! I'm sure she really appreciates you.